Air Fryer chicken tenders are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. These crunchy tenders will make you never want to eat fried chicken again!
I’ve always been a big fan of fried chicken strips. However, when I started trying to cut out fried foods, I had to start looking for another way to make my favorite crispy chicken strips. That’s where this Air Fryer Chicken strips recipe comes in. This recipe gives me my favorite cravings without all the grease!
Air Fryer Chicken fingers are the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly. School is back in full swing, and with it comes sports nights, and dance and all the other demands on our time.
This Air Fryer chicken fingers recipe comes in handy when you are in a hurry to get dinner on the table quickly. Plus using an air fryer is so much healthier than frying your chicken tenders. If you like this recipe, you should also try this Air Fried Chicken Wrap.
Why I Love This Recipe
Crispy on the outside and juicy in the center, these air fryer chicken tenders make for an amazing dinner in a hurry.
- Ready in under 35 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Pairs well with Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- This recipe is similar to our favorite Air Fryer Copycat Chicken Nuggets recipe
You only need simple and basic kitchen staple ingredients. You don’t even need to put on pants and head to the grocery store to make this easy dinner.
- Chicken breast – Sliced into strips
- Cayenne pepper
Chicken Tenders: Chicken tenders can save you from having to slice your chicken breasts, and save you a little time.
Cayenne Pepper: Double your cayenne pepper if you want your chicken strips a little on the spicy side.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Aside from the ingredients above, you’ll need a few other items from your kitchen to make these chicken tenders.
A knife and cutting board is not needed if you are using chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breasts.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
This Air Fryer chicken strips recipe is so simple to make. All you need to gather is a few basic ingredients and your chicken, then you are ready to put this meal on the table in under 35 minutes.
Step 1: Prep your egg wash and flour
Whisk eggs and mix the milk in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and spices together.
Step 2: Bread your chicken strips
Dunk one chicken strip into the egg mixture and then coat it in the flour mixture. Repeat for all strips.
Step 3. Air Fry your chicken tenders
Place battered strips in the air fryer basket and spray generously with oil. Then cook at 380 for 10 minutes. Flip chicken tenders, spray with oil and cook at 380 for 8 minutes.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Garlic Parmesan: Instead of using cayenne pepper and paprika, add in garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese for a different twist.
Seasoned Salt: Don’t like cayenne pepper? Use seasoned salt in its place.
- Serve this dish with your favorite dipping sauce, we like ranch or honey mustard.
- I like to serve my air fryer chicken strips on top of a salad for a chicken tender salad. The kids like a side of fries and fruit or fresh vegetables as their side.
- For crispier chicken tenders, repeat step 2 once per strip. You may need to add an additional egg and milk.
- Be sure to space your chicken tenders out in the air fryer so that they are not touching, this will allow them to crisp up nicely.
- If you are using chicken tenders, remove the tendon by holding the tip of the tendon with your fingers and then sliding a fork down the chicken tender. This keeps your chicken tenders from being tough.
Store leftover air fryer chicken strips in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees. Place your chicken tenders in your air fryer basket and reheat for three to four minutes or until they are warm all the way through.
Yes, however you will need to add an additional 3 to 5 minutes to your cook time.
More Chicken Recipes
If you like chicken give these recipes a try:
- Chicken Taco Bowls
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer
- 1 chicken breast cut into strips or you can use chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk eggs and mix the milk in in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and spices together.
- Dunk one chicken strip into the egg mixture and then coat it in the flour mixture. Repeat for all strips.
- Place battered strips in the air fryer basket and spray generously with oil.
- Cook at 380 for 10 minutes. Flip chicken tenders, spray with oil and cook at 380 for 8 minutes.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!