Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are the perfect appetizers for big game parties and holiday gatherings. These are stuffed with an amazing mixture of cream cheese and bacon and do not have to be baked! So quick and easy to make.
Why You’ll Love These Cream Cheese Peppers
This recipe is one of my go-to’s for easy entertaining. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Only 5 ingredients!
- Ready in minutes
- No cooking or baking required
- So easy that the kids can make them
For all these reasons, these cream cheese stuffed peppers also make a great snack. Low in carbohydrates with a good bit of protein, vitamin A and calcium, these are a tasty treat you can nosh on without guilt. They’re gluten-free, low-carb and keto friendly!
What Kind of Peppers Should Be Used?
This recipe works best with the colorful baby bell peppers.
Since this appetizer isn’t cooked the mini sweet peppers taste the best. Regular bell peppers have a stronger flavor and are not as good in this particular recipe.
I love that the mini sweet peppers are conveniently bagged at the store and all ready to go.
This finger food recipe only has 5 ingredients. It is inexpensive to make and I feel good knowing I am eating some veggies too!
- Mini Sweet Peppers – usually sold in a bag in the produce section
- Cream Cheese – make sure it’s room temperature to make mixing easier
- Bacon – Either crumbled cooked bacon or store bought bacon bits
- Shredded Cheese – sharp cheddar works great
- Mayonnaise – this helps make the texture extra creamy (see below for substitutions)
Substitutions and Additions
If you don’t like mayonnaise, you can substitute sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, or Ranch dressing.
For added color, flavor and texture, add some chopped green onions.
If you want to add a little kick, add some fresh diced jalapenos to the mixture.
Chopped walnuts add a wonderful crunch when sprinkled on top of the stuffed peppers.
How to Make Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
If you have 5 minutes then you have time to make these Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers. It is a great recipe to keep on hand when you need to make a snack in a hurry.
Step 1: Prepare Peppers
Take the package of mini bell peppers and slice the peppers in half. Deseed the peppers.
Step 2: Make Filling
Take a medium or large bowl and add the softened cream cheese, chopped bacon, shredded cheese, and mayonnaise.
Stir or mix to combine these ingredients well.
TIP: Store-bought real bacon bits work great in this recipe and save you the time of having to cook bacon strips. I do not recommend using Miracle Whip in this recipe. Regular mayo gives the cream cheese mixture a better flavor.
Step 3: Stuff Peppers
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each of the pepper halves. Place the stuffed halves on a baking sheet and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
After the stuffed mini peppers are chilled you can garnish with additional chopped bacon or parsley flakes if you desire.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
I know you are excited to make this easy appetizer recipe. Peppers with cream cheese have a classic and timeless taste that everyone loves.
You can print off this delicious appetizer recipe via the recipe card below.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 package mini sweet bell peppers cut in half and deseeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 5 strips bacon cooked and chopped or real bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Place the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise in a large medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the pepper halves. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley flakes before serving (optional).
If you love easy appetizers be sure to check these other great recipes out:
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!