Air Fryer Sesame Chicken is so easy to make, you’ll be able to whip up a batch any night of the week. I’m not sure what’s better – the delicious, crispy chicken or the amazing fact that it’s air fried, either way, this sesame chicken is a winner in my book!
If you love air fryer chicken recipes then this is the recipe for you. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also much healthier than getting takeout, easier on your budget also.
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Serving Suggestions
- More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
Did you know that sesame chicken is an American Chinese recipe, that is a sweet twist on the popular takeout favorite General Tso Chicken? Now with this recipe you can lighten up this dish by using the air fryer.
Air Fryers are a modern kitchen appliance that gives you fried food taste without all the oil, by using hot air to cook the food. If you don’t have an air fryer, I highly recommend them, they are amazing!
Why I Love This Recipe
This Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe is so simple to make, you’ll be able to whip up a batch any night of the week. Plus, you don’t even have to leave the house to make this tasty recipe.
- Ready in under 35 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love Asian recipes, you may also enjoy this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon recipe.
This recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. You may not even need to make a trip to the grocery store if you have these ingredients on hand already.
- chicken breast, cubed
- eggs, beaten
- natures seasoning
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- white vinegar
- sesame seeds
- minced garlic
- chili oil
- brown sugar
Chicken: Boneless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
Hoisin Sauce: If you are unable to find hoisin sauce, BBQ sauce can be substituted.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy family friendly recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps, and the result is well worth it. If you’re looking for an amazing air fryer chicken dish, then look no further than this sesame chicken recipe. It’s perfect for picky eaters, and it’s easy to make.
Step 1: Make the sesame sauce
In a saucepan on medium heat, combine all the sauce ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil then set heat to warm. Set aside until chicken is cooked.
Step 2: Make the dredge for the chicken
In a bowl, mix the natures seasoning, flour and cornstarch. Toss the chicken cubes until fully coated.
Step 3: Dredge the chicken
Dredge the chicken through the beaten eggs and then back into the flour. Repeat until all cubes are battered.
Step 4: Air fry the chicken pieces
Place cubes in the oiled air fryer basket. Spray chicken with oil and cook on 380 for 8 minutes.
Step 5: Toss the chicken in the sauce
Remove cooked chicken and toss in the sesame sauce. Serve with rice.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to change up the flavors of this easy air fryer chicken recipe? Here are some of my tried and true swaps for this recipe.
Broccoli: Add broccoli to the air fryer basket with the chicken for a one-pan meal.
Garnish: Garnish with green onions and serve with white rice for a more traditional takeout style dish.
Spicy: If you prefer spicy foods, add crushed red pepper flakes to your sauce while it is cooking.
Wondering what to serve with this Air Fryer Sesame Chicken recipe? Here are some of my favorite dishes to add.
Here are some of my best tips for making sure this air fryer chicken recipe turns out well for you.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- You can also use boneless chicken thighs in this recipe.
- This recipe makes enough sauce to coat 1 pound of chicken. If you want more or less sauce, adjust the recipe accordingly.
- Instead of chili oil you can use sesame oil if you prefer.
Do you have questions about Air Fryer Sesame Chicken? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
Yes, this recipe freezes well. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Animal Fries Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Bagels
- Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken
Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Air Fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons natures seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine all the sauce ingredients and stir. Bring to boil then set heat to warm. Set aside until chicken is cooked.
- In bowl, mix the natures seasoning, flour and cornstarch. Toss the chicken cubes until fully coated.
- Dredge the chicken through the beaten eggs and then back into the flour. Repeat until all cubes are battered.
- Place cubes in the oiled air fryer basket. Spray chicken with oil and cook on 380 for 8 minutes
- Remove cooked chicken and toss in the sesame sauce. Serve with rice.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!