Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls are crispy on the outside and filled with chicken and vegetables on the inside. You can make these tasty egg rolls in a fraction of the time that it takes to order takeout!
You are going to enjoy this chicken recipe if you love making takeout food at home. The best thing about making this food at home is that it not only saves you money, but it’s also much healthier.
Health Benefits of Cabbage
These chicken egg rolls are filled with high protein chicken, and a cabbage slaw mix. Cabbage is chock full of vitamins and nutrients.
This cruciferous vegetable is said to help prevent cancer and lower your risk of heart disease. Not only does this vegetable have many health benefits but it also tastes amazing in these chicken egg rolls.
Why I Love This Recipe
Crispy on the outside and filled with savory chicken and vegetables, these Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls make for a great side dish or snack.
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you like making easy homemade takeout food at home, try this Instant Pot Chinese Beef and Broccoli recipe.
For this tasty takeout at home recipe you only need thirteen ingredients. After one quick trip to the grocery store, you can have these tasty egg rolls ready to eat.
- ground chicken
- coleslaw mix
- minced garlic
- ginger paste
- soy sauce
- white vinegar
- egg roll wonton wrappers
- sesame seeds
- Green onion for garnish
Ginger: Can’t find ginger paste? Minced ginger can work in its place.
Cabbage: Instead of buying coleslaw mix, you can shred your own cabbage if you like.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need two easy kitchen tools to help you make this delicious recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls
These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls are ready to enjoy after five easy steps.
Step 1: Cook your chicken
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the instant pot and set it to sauté. Once oil is hot, toss in the chicken to brown.
Step 2: Season your cooked chicken
Once chicken is cooked, toss in the garlic and ginger, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, soy sauce and vinegar. Let cook for 1 min.
Step 3: Add in your coleslaw
Top with coleslaw and place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 0 minutes. Manually release the pressure.
Step 4: Wrap your egg rolls
On a flat surface, place the wonton wrapper like a diamond orientation. Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling in the center of the wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper and fold over the right and left side of the wrapper over the filling. Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll it upward.
Step 5: Air Fry your egg rolls
Place egg rolls in the air fryer basket and spray with oil. Cook at 400 for 7 minutes, flip and spray with oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Sesame Oil: Add 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil to your cooked chicken for an added delicious and authentic flavor.
Sesame seeds: Don’t like sesame seeds in your egg rolls? Feel free to leave them out.
Buffalo Chicken: Make these egg rolls entirely new by adding in buffalo sauce and ranch dressing to your cooked chicken.
Want to know what to dip your egg rolls in? Here is a list of my favorite dips for egg rolls!
- Duck Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Ginger Soy sauce
- Spicy Peanut sauce
- For crispy egg rolls, do not overcrowd your air fryer basket. Make sure there is space between each egg roll.
- By spraying evenly with oil, you can ensure that your egg roll wrapper gets crispy.
- Don’t want to use your Instant Pot? You can use a skillet or wok. But, cook your cabbage for about 5 minutes or until it wilts down and softens before adding to your wonton wrappers.
Do you have questions about these Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes, or until your egg rolls are warm all the way through.
Yes! However, I recommend freezing your egg rolls uncooked. There is no need to thaw them; before cooking just add an additional 2 to 4 minutes to your air fryer time.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Naan Bread
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer
- Instant Pot or Skillet
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 10 ounces coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 egg roll wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Green onion for garnish
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the instant pot and set it to sauté.
- Once oil is hot, toss in the chicken to brown.
- Once chicken is cooked, toss in the garlic and ginger, salt, pepper, sesame, soy sauce and vinegar. Let cook for 1 min.
- Top with coleslaw and place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 0 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure.
- On a flat surface, place the wonton wrapper like a diamond orientation. Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling in the center of the wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper and fold over the right and left side of the wrapper over the filling. Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll it upward.
- Place egg rolls in the air fryer basket and spray with oil.
- Cook at 400 for 7 minutes, flip and spray with oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!