A notebook teacher gift is a simple way to show a teacher you care this school year. A free printable teacher gift tag makes this DIY gift extra special.
WHAT IS A NOTEBOOK TEACHER GIFT?
A notebook teacher gift is basically gifting a teacher a small stack of notebooks, notepads or sticky notes.
This is a gift that is useful and helpful to teachers and school staff. They use a lot of notepads throughout the school year and this can help offset that expense for them.
Teachers spend a lot of their own money on supplies they need for the classroom. They love receiving gifts that are practical and useful!
WHAT KIND OF NOTEBOOKS SHOULD I USE?
You can buy lots of different notebooks for this DIY project. The gift tag says, “Let’s Have a Noteworthy School Year” so it is wide open on what style note pad you pick.
Here are some note pads that would be helpful to teachers:
- Sticky Notes are always a hit and get used a LOT! You can also get a big pack for a great price and gift these to many school staff.
- I love these colorful teacher note pads that feature pencils and colored lines.
- Teacher appreciation note pads are fun and each one has a funny message for the teacher included at the top.
- I really like the Post It 4 x 6 inch lined pads. They are sticky at the top and have lines for easy list-making.
You can also check your local Dollar Tree for great deals on cute note pads.
SUPPLIES FOR A NOTEBOOK TEACHER GIFT
This DIY teacher gift doesn’t take many supplies and can be put together in minutes.
- Printable Gift Tags
- White Card Stock
- Small Notebooks or Note Pads
- Ribbon or Twine
HOW TO MAKE A NOTEBOOK TEACHER GIFT
I love to give back to school gifts to my children’s teachers. Don’t forget to include some of the other school staff your child will be interacting with such as fine arts teachers, school secretary, school nurse, principal, and anyone else you want to make smile!
STEP ONE: PRINT GIFT TAGS
The first step to make a notebook teacher gift is to print off the teacher gift tags. I like to print mine on white cardstock for a professional look.
I’ve created some gift tags that are available for free to my subscribers. If you like the ones pictured in this post, simply fill in the form below to get it for free.
STEP TWO: CUT TAGS OUT
Once the tags are printed it is time to cut the tags out. Use sharp scissors and just cut around the image.
STEP THREE: SECURE NOTEPADS
Depending on how many notepads or notebooks you are gifting to one person it helps to secure them together.
I like to stack the notepads and secure them together with a small piece of tape.
STEP FOUR: ADD TAG AND RIBBON
Secure the gift tag on the top of the notepads with a little bit of tape on the back.
Grab some ribbon or pretty twine and tie it around the notepads for a beautiful gift.
If you loved this easy teacher gift idea be sure to check these out:
- Hand Sanitizer Teacher Gift
- Back to School Gift Ideas for Teachers
- Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
- More Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Highlighter Teacher Gift
- One Smart Cookie Teacher Gift
Be sure to PIN this for later!