Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that will leave you wanting more. Instead of frying the chicken in oil, we use the air fryer to get a crispy and flavorful coating that is amazingly delicious.
If you love making chicken in the air fryer then this recipe is for you. Not only is this recipe delicious but it’s also simple to make and family-friendly.
What Is Parmesan Chicken?
Parmesan Chicken is believed to have originated in the 20th-century. It started as a veal or eggplant-based dish, but evolved over time to include thin-sliced chicken breasts.
Why I Love This Recipe
Chicken parm in the air fryer is so simple but yet flavorful and kid-friendly!
- Ready in under an hour
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love crispy air fryer recipes, you may also enjoy this Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe.
You don’t need many ingredients to make this family favorite recipe, you may even already have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
- chicken breast sliced thin
- nature’s seasoning
- panko breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan
- shredded mozzarella
- marinara sauce
Bread Crumbs: Out of panko? Use regular bread crumbs instead.
Pizza Sauce: Don’t have marinara sauce? Pizza sauce works well as a replacement.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this delicious and easy recipe.
- Mixing bowls
- Air Fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Are you ready to make this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan recipe? Follow these six simples steps and you’ll be eating this dish in no time.
Step 1: Dredge the chicken
In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and nature’s seasoning. Coat the chicken in the mixture.
Step 2: Egg wash the chicken
In another bowl, beat the eggs and dip the chicken in the egg wash.
Step 3: Bread the chicken
In a separate bowl, mix the panko and the parmesan and a tablespoon of parsley, coat the chicken in the mixture.
Step 4: Air Fry the chicken
Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket, spray and cook on 380 for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Top the chicken
Brush the chicken with marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook for three minutes.
Step 6: Serve
Serve with your favorite pasta.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Are you looking for ways to change up this recipe? Here are my favorite tried and true swaps.
Cheese: Try using other cheeses to add different flavors. I love using provolone for a switch.
Flavor: If you love garlic, feel free to add a bit of garlic powder and fresh minced garlic to your breading.
Keto: Use crushed pork rinds in place of breadcrumbs for a low-carb swap.
Wondering what to serve with your air fryer chicken parm? Here are my favorite sides to serve alongside this meal.
- fettuccine alfredo
- mashed potatoes
- steamed broccoli
Do you need help with this recipe? Here are my best tips for making this dish.
- Make sure that your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- You may need additional cooking time due to the thickness of your chicken breast.
- Add fresh basil to the breading mixture for additional flavor.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat in the air fryer, cook the chicken at 380 degrees for three minutes.
Freeze by tightly wrapping and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Steak and Mushrooms
- Easy Air Fryer Bagels
- Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast and Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins (Shake and Bake)
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2-3 chicken breasts sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons nature’s seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and the natures seasoning. Coat the chicken in the mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and wash the chicken in the egg wash.
- In a separate bowl, mix the panko and the parmesan and a tablespoon of parsley, coat the chicken in the mixture.
- Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket, spray and cook on 380 for 10 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook for three minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!