Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets are a quick and easy meal with practically no clean up required. This recipe is also great for camping trips and make ahead meals.
WHAT ARE FOIL PACKET MEALS?
I would love to thank the person who came up with the idea for foil packet meals and spread the idea around. It is a brilliant way to cook dinner because it is mess-free!
The basic concept of a foil packet meal is that the whole meal is cooked in a pocket made of foil. The food is totally enclosed in the foil and it causes it to create a nice hot environment for the food to cook and become moist and tender.
It is very easy to customize each packet to meet the needs of picky eaters. This recipe calls for broccoli, but if you have a child who doesn’t like broccoli you could easily substitute another veggie in its place in that one packet without having to change the entire recipe.
Once the packets have cooked you can either put the foil packet onto a plate the eat right out of packet or you can easily transfer the food onto a plate.
There is no baking dish to clean up. All you have to do is throw the foil away and done.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN BACON RANCH FOIL PACKETS
I love that the ingredients for this recipe are simple and common. I won’t have to search the store for unusual ingredients.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Bacon
- Ranch Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Aluminum Foil
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BACON RANCH FOIL PACKETS
The easiest way to make these Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets is to create a little assembly line. They will come together so fast and be in the oven before you know it!
STEP ONE: SEASON THE CHICKEN
First go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take the boneless skinless chicken breasts and but them into small bite-sized pieces.
Place the chicken into a mixing bowl and add the olive oil. Sprinkle 1/2 a package of dry ranch seasoning onto the chicken and stir to combine the ingredients.
STEP TWO: PREPARE FOIL
Now take the aluminum foil and cut four pieces that are each around 15 inches long.
STEP THREE: FILL PACKETS
Lay each piece of foil out on the counter.
Put about 1 cup of broccoli in the center of each piece of foil.
If you prefer you can sprinkle some more ranch seasoning onto the top of the broccoli.
Place about 1/4 cup of seasoned chicken on top of the broccoli.
Add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chicken.
Last crumble up 1 slice of cooked bacon on top of the cheese.
STEP FOUR: SEAL FOIL PACKET
Now fold up the edges of each foil sheet lengthwise and then fold them over to seal them together.
Then fold up each of the ends of the foil to form a nice sealed packet. It doesn’t have to look good, it just needs to be well sealed to keep the heat and juices inside.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Now place the foil packets onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Be careful when you open the foil packets as some steam may release and could be hot!
CHICKEN BACON RANCH FOIL PACKETS RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for these Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets via the recipe card below.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 c Broccoli chopped
- 1 c Shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 Packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken pieces into a mixing bowl, and top with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle ½ a package of Ranch seasoning onto the chicken, and toss to combine.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil about 15 inches long each.
- Lay them on a flat surface, and place 1 cup of broccoli into the center of each sheet.
- Top the broccoli with some more of the Ranch seasoning mix if desired.
- Place a handful (about ¼ of seasoned chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Top the chicken with ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Crumble 1 piece of cooked bacon on the top of each foil meal.
- 1Fold up the edges of each tin foil sheet lengthwise, and fold them over to seal them together.
- 1Fold up each of the ends of each piece of tin foil to form a sealed packet.
- 1Place the packets on a baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
If you loved this easy dinner recipe be sure to check these out:
- Keto Shrimp Foil Packets
- Turkey Noodle Casserole
- Easy Tortellini Dinner
- Black Bean Tostados
- Quick and Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
Be sure to PIN this delicious recipe so you can come back and make it over and over again!