HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IS EASY TO MAKE
There is a big misconception that making ice cream at home is torturous and difficult. This is absolutely not true!
Making homemade ice cream is a very simple process and doesn’t require any special equipment or tools.
The basis for most ice cream recipes is heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. There are typically only a few ingredients needed.
The fun part is customizing the ice cream to any flavor combination you like. There are endless opportunities to get creative and make the ice cream any flavor you want!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CHUNK RASPBERRY ICE CREAM
This easy homemade chocolate chunk raspberry ice cream recipe only has 5 ingredients. If you start making homemade ice cream a lot then these are things you can just keep on hand!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Candy Bars
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHUNK RASPBERRY ICE CREAM
I love the simple and easy instructions for this ice cream recipe. It only takes minutes to get ready for the freezer. The chocolate and raspberries make this recipe so flavorful and good!
STEP ONE: MIX INGREDIENTS
The first step is to use a mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream until it is nice and thick. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this. I like to use my stand mixer because it does all the work for me!
Once the heavy cream is thick go ahead and pour in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
STEP TWO: LAYER
Now grab your freezer safe container and pour half the ice cream mixture into it. Sprinkle half the raspberries and chopped up chocolate bars on top of this layer of ice cream.
Now pour the remaining ice cream mixture on top of the raspberry and chocolate layer.
Finish off by sprinkling the rest of the raspberries and chopped chocolate on top.
You can chop the chocolate bars up with a knife or throw in the food processor.
STEP THREE: FREEZE
Now place the container into the freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to eat some ice cream, take the container out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften up before serving.
Keep any extra ice cream in the freezer.
EASY HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHUNK RASPBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
I bet you are excited to make this easy homemade chocolate chunk raspberry ice cream recipe! You can download and print off the complete ingredients and instructions on the recipe card below.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 regular size chocolate candy bars chopped
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the raspberries and half of the chocolate. Repeat with another layer and top with the remaining berries and chocolate.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you love homemade ice cream be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- Homemade Tropical Ice Cream
- Easy Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream
- Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!