Last Updated on July 20, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream recipe is a delicious and refreshing dessert. Not only are the flavors great together, but the colors are so pleasing too!
I’m kind of a blueberry fanatic. I love this little superfood! That’s why I come up with lots of recipes that feature it like my Blueberry Spinach Smoothie and my Make Ahead Blueberry French Toast Casserole.
I also love the fresh, citrus flavor of lemon. I thought it would be amazing in ice cream to help cut the sweetness. Paired with blueberries, I knew the flavors and colors would be terrific.
The end result was this Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream and I was so happy with how it turned out. I hope you enjoy this easy dessert as much as I did. If you like it, you should try my Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies and my Lemon Cream Puffs With Fresh Blueberries.
How to Make Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream
You only need a few basic ingredients to make this homemade lemon blueberry ice cream plus a couple of unique items that make this dessert extra special. Like my other homemade no-churn ice cream recipes, you’ll need whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
Step 1: Make the Cream
First, you need to whip the heavy cream to make whipping cream.
Then, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and a little bit of lemon extract.
Fold together gently.
Step 2: Prepare to Freeze
Next, pour half of the mixture into a freezer safe container and top with half of the blueberries.
Pour in the rest of the cream mixture. Sprinkle on the rest of the blueberries and add lemon slices.
Step 3: Freeze
Pop it in the freezer for at least five hours. When you’re ready to serve, let it sit out at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to soften it up.
Spoon into bowls and watch your kids gobble it up!
If you want, you can sprinkle additional fresh blueberries on top. For an extra indulgent treat, spoon some lemon curd over the top too.
Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
Prefer exact measurements? Want a printable version? Here’s the recipe card for this Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream:
Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon extract to taste
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- ½ lemon sliced (to garnish)
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and lemon extract and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the blueberries. Repeat with another layer and top with the remaining blueberries and slices of lemon.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
If you liked this recipe for Homemade Lemond Blueberry Ice Cream, you might enjoy these other (equally easy) ice cream recipes: