Last Updated on July 3, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
This Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream recipe is a fun and easy treat for kids. They’ll love the bright color of the ice cream, not to mention the bonus bubble gum pieces mixed into it. It’s two treats in one!
This Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream is the easiest dessert that is always a hands-down hit with kids.
How to Make Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream
You only need a few basic ingredients to make this homemade bubble gum ice cream plus a couple of unique items that make this dessert extra special. Like my other homemade no-churn ice cream recipes, you’ll need whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
In addition, you’ll need bubble gum extract, food coloring, and bubble gum.
Step 1: Make the Cream
First, you need to whip the heavy cream to make whipping cream.
Then, pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
Fold together gently.
Step 2: Add the Extract and Color
Next, add the bubble gum extract. Just one or two drops will add a delicious dose of bubble gum flavor to the ice cream.
After the extract, add one or two drops of pink food coloring.
Mix in the food coloring until the color has been evenly integrated into the cream.
Finally, stir in bubble gum pieces. I used crushed gumball pieces for added color.
Step 3: Freeze
Finally, pour it into a freezer safe container.
Pop it in the freezer for at least five hours. When you’re ready to serve, let it sit out at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to soften it up. Spoon into bowls and watch your kids gobble it up!
Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream Recipe
Prefer exact measurements? Want a printable version? Here’s the recipe card for this Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream:
Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to taste
- 1-2 drops bubble gum oil found at most craft stores or online
- 1-2 drops pink gel food coloring
- 1/4 cup chopped up gum balls
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened
- condensed milk, extract and bubble gum oil and fold in until smooth. Add in food coloring and stir.
- Next, pour ice cream into a freezer safe container. Sprinkle with chopped up gum balls.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
If you liked this recipe for Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream, you might enjoy these other (equally easy) ice cream recipes: