This Homemade Tropical Ice Cream is the easiest and tastiest way to transport your taste buds to the tropics when you need a mental getaway. Who knew that some mango and pineapple pieces mixed into rich, creamy ice cream could create such a delightful experience?
Ever since I figured out how easy it was to make ice cream at home without a machine, I’ve had so much fun playing with different versions.
From chocolate to berries, I’ve tried several different sweetened condensed milk ice cream recipes. This homemade tropical ice cream is my most recent attempt and the result was delicious!
How to Make Homemade Tropical Ice Cream
If you haven’t made ice cream with sweetened condensed milk yet, you are missing out on one of the easiest desserts around! All you need is a few ingredients and the smallest bit of effort.
Step 1: Make the Cream
First, we need to beat the heavy whipping cream into a nice, fluffy whipped cream. Then, add a can of sweetened condensed milk and a little vanilla extract.
Step 2: Add the Fruit
To summon the vibe of the tropics, you just need to add a couple of flavors that one associates with tropical locations. For me, that was mangoes and pineapple.
If your tropical vacation includes other flavors, like bananas, oranges, coconut, or papaya, feel free to add or swap those in. That’s the great thing about these homemade no-churn ice cream recipes. You can easily customize them to your taste!
Gently fold the fruit into the cream.
Step 3: Freeze
Next, pour the mixture into a freezer safe container. Then, place the container in the freezer for five to six hours (or overnight) to set.
When you’re ready to serve your homemade tropical ice cream, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for five minutes. Then, spoon it into bowls. Top with a cherry or fresh fruit slices.
Homemade Tropical Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Tropical Ice Cream
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped mangoes fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth. Mix in fruit, or you can add in the fruit as you add it to a container.
- Next, pour ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.