The combination of sweet and spicy is perfect in this raspberry hot pepper jelly recipe. This is an easy jelly recipe that makes a lot of jelly! The whole family will love this jelly on crackers!
WHAT GOES WITH JALAPENO JELLY?
I am surprised how many people have never tried a jalapeno or hot pepper jelly. The flavor is outstanding and the jelly isn’t spicy hot.
People are always surprised by how delicious this raspberry hot pepper jelly recipe actually is. The jelly tastes great so many ways.
Here are some great ways to use this jelly:
- You can warm this jelly up and use it as a glaze on meat and veggies before grilling or baking.
- It is also a wonderful glaze for seafood like salmon or swordfish.
- Put a dollop of jelly on top of a cracker and add some cheese for a yummy snack.
- Mix the hot pepper jelly with cream cheese and you have a great dip for crackers.
- Nothing beats a bagel with pepper jelly in the morning.
- How about making thumbprint cookies with pepper jelly filling?
- Mix some jelly with yogurt for a filling breakfast.
There are so many ways you can use this jelly to bring flavor to your foods!
INGREDIENTS FOR RASPBERRY HOT PEPPER JELLY
This recipe is perfect for gardeners who grow peppers in the summer. It is a good way to use up those peppers before they spoil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Peppers: banana pepper, jalapeno peppers, poblano pepper, lemon drop pepper, habanero pepper
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY HOT PEPPER JELLY
This is a simple jelly recipe that does not involve a full canning experience. I like to keep it simple at my house.
STEP ONE: PREPARE THE PEPPERS
The first step is to get the peppers ready. Remember to wear gloves while handling the hot peppers!!
Remove all the seeds and dice the peppers up into small pieces. If you don’t have the exact combination of peppers I have listed that is okay. Work with what you have on hand.
STEP TWO: COOK
Take a medium saucepan and combine the sugar, apple cider vinegar, raspberries and the chopped peppers in the pan.
Bring the ingredients to a rolling boil, but watch it carefully so it doesn’t boil over.
Let the mixture boil for about a minute after it reaches the rolling boil and then remove from the heat.
Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
STEP THREE: ADD PECTIN
Once the mixture has cooled for 5 minutes it is time to add the pectin. Stir the pectin in slowly.
STEP FOUR: ADD TO JARS
Pour the mixture into jelly jars. This recipe will make 6-7 8 ounce jelly jars worth of jelly!
You can refrigerate or freeze the jars. My jelly is usually stored in the refrigerator because it won’t last long!
RASPBERRY HOT PEPPER JELLY RECIPE
If you are anxious to get started making this raspberry hot pepper jelly recipe you can print off the complete ingredients and instructions below on the recipe card.
Raspberry Hot Pepper Jelly
- 5 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz pectin 3/4 cups
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced peppers I used: 1 banana pepper, 2 Jalapenos, 1 red jalapeno, 1 poblano pepper, 3 lemon drop peppers, 1 habenero
- Remove seeds from peppers and dice
- In a medium saucepan, Bring all ingredients except for the pectin to a rolling boil (being careful not to boil over)
- Let boil 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
- Let cool for 5 mins and then slowly stir in the pectin.
- Pour into jelly jars or containers of choice.
- Can, refrigerate, or freeze.
If you loved this recipe be sure to check these out:
- Easy Savory Cheese Appetizers
- Best Lunch Ideas for Kids Tired of Sandwiches
- Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Cranberry Apple Smoothie
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make this raspberry jalapeno jelly again and again!