Children will enjoy working on this printable Christmas Crossword Puzzle during the holiday season. A perfect children’s activity for home or school in December.
Indoor Activities for Kids
The holidays fall during the cold weather months and children can get antsy if they aren’t able to get outdoors and run and play as much as they would prefer.
It is always good to have a bag of indoor activity ideas ready to go for those bitterly cold days when indoor play is required. There are plenty of ways to keep kids entertained indoors at Christmas time.
Here are some fun indoor activity ideas that kids can do after they finish the crossword puzzle.
- Give the kids a bag of mini marshmallows and some toothpicks and see what kind of cool structure they can build.
- Make paper snowflakes and hang them around the house or classroom. If you feel brave try following this video to make a 3D snowflake.
- Make some pinecone bird feeders to put out for the birds during the cold months.
- Give each child an empty shoebox and let them build a diorama of their choice.
- Build a giant fort and lay in it reading books.
- Get some colorful thread and learn to make friendship bracelets to give out as gifts to friends.
- Do yoga as a group. This is relaxing and fun.
Indoor Christmas Activities
These indoor activities are specific to the Christmas season:
- Play charades with a holiday twist where all the cards have a holiday theme.
- Let the kids help make reindeer hot chocolate gift bags to give to neighbors and friends.
- Kids will enjoy trying to find Christmas words in this Christmas Word Search for Kids.
- Sing Christmas carols or make up your own Christmas songs.
One of the best parts of the holiday season is all the fun food that can be made as part of the celebration.
Kids love to help in the kitchen and Christmas is a festive time to let them get into the kitchen and help out.
Here are some easy and fun food and snack ideas that kids can help make:
- Grinch Jello Snack Cups are so simple and kids get a kick out of the final product.
- Celery Reindeer Snacks are healthy snacks and silly to create.
- Peppermint Snickerdoodles are a good cookie to start kids off helping make.
- There won’t be any No Bake Nutella Christmas Cookies left because they are amazing.
- Kids can get creative making Christmas Tree Snacks out of jello cups.
- Make Christmas Strawberries that look like Christmas lights.
Christmas Crossword Printable
This crossword puzzle is designed for young children. It uses picture clues so that younger children can focus on spelling the Christmas vocabulary words, rather than solving riddles.
The PDF includes the answer key, but I’m pretty sure neither you nor your children will struggle. If your child needs some hints to figure out what is pictured, here are some suggestions:
- They pull Santa’s sleigh
- One of Santa’s little helpers
- It goes on top of the Christmas tree
- We decorate it and place presents underneath
- He comes down the chimney to deliver gifts
You can download and print off this Christmas Crossword with Answers for your own personal use. It’s a 2-page PDF file. Just fill in the form below to get immediate access
More Christmas Fun for Kids
This Christmas crossword puzzle is just one of the many fun games in the Christmas Activity Kit for Kids. Get the complete kit here:
If you loved this printable activity for kids be sure to check these other ideas out:
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Riddles
- 12 Free Printable Christmas Games
- Ugly Sweater Party Printables
- Elf on the Shelf Printable Props
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!