Last Updated on November 15, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This printable Christmas word search for kids is a fun Christmas activity for home or school holiday parties. Kids will enjoy trying to find Christmas words in a colorful printable worksheet.
The word search puzzle includes most of the common Christmas terms children will recognize like Santa, elf, snowman, reindeer, and ornaments. They simply need to find the hidden words in the puzzle.
The combination of short and long words helps younger children identify and recognize letter combinations. It’s also a fun and easy way to expand your child’s vocabulary.
Easy Christmas Party Activities for Kids
Home or school Christmas parties are beloved by children everywhere. December can be a challenging month for parents and school staff because kids are so excited about the holiday.
It is nice to have some simple sit down activities for kids to work on during part of the party.
After the Christmas word search is completed here are some other great activities they can work on.
- Use these free Christmas mask templates and let the kids make masks that look like Santa, a reindeer or an elf.
- Younger kids would enjoy reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and then do a footprint craft as a gift for parents.
- Get some plain colored butcher paper and let the kids create their own wrapping paper to wrap a gift for a family member. It is so fun to see what kind of wrapping paper the kids choose to create!
- Bring plain sugar cookies to the party and let kids “decorate” their own cookie. It helps to give each child a small cookie decorating kit so things don’t get too messy.
- Have the kids color these free printable Christmas coloring pages. They look so pretty when completed.
- Play some easy free printable Christmas games if you have extra time during the party.
- They’ll enjoy working on this fun and educational printable Christmas Crossword Puzzle for Kids.
- The kids will have a blast with this Christmas Spot the Difference game! Will they be able to find all the differences in the pictures?
Educational Christmas Activities
If you are looking for more educational Christmas activities for kids in addition to this word search it isn’t hard to find some fun options.
These ideas can be used as part of your homeschool instruction or in the classroom at school.
- Try out Google’s Made with Code Project and let the kids create a holiday-themed emoji or avatar. This is a fun tech activity.
- Create math story problems using common Christmas stories or songs.
- Have the kids write a Christmas-themed story and then share their story with the class.
- Make homemade Christmas cards to give out to school staff like the cafeteria staff, custodial staff and fine arts teachers.
- Do a mini classroom spelling bee using only holiday words.
Free Printable Christmas Word Search for Kids
I know you are ready to download and print off this Christmas Word Search for Kids. It is available for your own personal use at home.
Fill in the form below to download the Christmas Word Search PDF.
This Christmas maze is just one of the many fun games in the Christmas Activity Kit for Kids. Get the complete kit here:
If you loved this fun activity for kids be sure to check out these other ideas:
- Camping Word Search for Kids
- Under the Sea Word Search for Kids
- Birthday Word Search
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Riddles
- Printable Christmas Maze for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!