These Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags are perfect as stocking stuffers, party favors or inexpensive gifts. They’re adorable and so easy to put together! Such a perfect way to spread some Christmas spirit around.
I love giving gifts during the holiday season, but I also like to stick to a budget. These Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags are the perfect solution if you want to bestow some holiday cheer to several people without breaking the bank.
These hot cocoa bags are super cute and only take a few minutes and a few items to create. Give them to your kids’ teachers or your neighbors. I like to make up a bunch to keep in a basket by the front door so I can gift them to delivery people during the holiday season.
How to Make Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags
I am NOT crafty by nature so every craft you’ll find on this site is super simple. I also don’t like to waste money so I like to buy craft supplies in bulk and use them over and over again in multiple projects.
I tell you this so that when you are sitting there with half a bag of pipe cleaners after you finished this project, rest assured that there are many other ways to use up the rest of them. And you can find a lot of those ideas on this site.
What You’ll Need:
- Cone-shaped cellophane gift bags with twist ties
- Large googly eyes
- Red craft pom poms
- Holiday ribbon
- Low-temperature hot glue gun
- Black pipe cleaners
- Hot cocoa packets
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
Layer 1: Cocoa Mix
Empty one packet of hot cocoa into the bottom of a clear cone-shaped cellophane bag.
Layer 2: Chocolate Chips
Next, add a handful of mini chocolate chips on top of the hot cocoa powder.
Layer 3: Marshmallows
Then, add a few mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate chips.
Layer 4: Close
Twist the top of the bag closed. For a male reindeer, use a twist tie to secure the top of the bag.
For a female reindeer, tie a ribbon into a bow at the top of the bag.
Layer 5: Make Antlers
Now it’s time to make the antlers. Cut pipe cleaners in half and twist them into antlers. This is where you can let your creativity guide you. Here are the two varieties I opted for:
Layer 6: Attach Antlers
We need to attach the antlers to the hot cocoa bag. I used a low-temperature hot glue gun to attach the antlers to the back of the top of the bag, one on each side.
Layer 7: Attach the Nose
It’s time to give our reindeer a nose! Use the glue gun to attach a red pom pom to the front of the filled treat bag. I suppose you can use black or brown pom poms, but I guess I’m partial to Rudolph.
Layer 8: Attach the Eyes
Finally, attach two googly eyes to the front of your treat bag just below the marshmallow layer inside the bag.
Your male reindeer should look like this:
And the females should look like this:
Your Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags are ready to give as gifts!
Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags Recipe
Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags
- 1 Clear cone shaped gift bags
- 2 Large googly eyes
- 1 Red craft pom poms
- Holiday ribbon
- Twist ties
- Low temperature hot glue gun
- Black pipe cleaners
- 1 Hot cocoa packets
- 1 Mini chocolate chips
- 1 Mini marshmallows
- Empty 1 packet of hot cocoa into the bottom of a clear cone shaped treat bag.
- Top of the hot cocoa powder with a handful of mini chocolate chips.
- Top of the chocolate chips with a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Twist the top of the bag closed. For a female reindeer, tie a ribbon into a bow at the top of the bag. For a male reindeer, use a twist tie to secure the top of the bag.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and twist the two pieces into antlers in any shape that you like.
- Using a low temperature hot glue gun, attach two antler shapes to the back of the top of the bag, one on each side.
- Use glue to attach a red pom pom to the front of the filled treat bag. This will be the nose of your reindeer.
- Attach two googly eyes to the front of your treat bag above the pom pom nose.
More Reindeer Fun
I don’t know what it is about reindeer, but they inspire a lot of my holiday ideas. If you’re a reindeer fan too, you might like some of these other ideas: