This printable Spring Crossword Puzzle for Kids is a great activity for kids that focuses on spring-related words. Whether you are working on this at home or school, kids will enjoy it.
TEACHING KIDS ABOUT SPRING
If you are doing lessons about spring time this Spring Crossword Puzzle for kids will fit right in.
It is easy to talk to children about the seasons when you have fun activities for them to complete at the same time.
If you are doing lessons on springtime here is some great information to share while the kids are completing this crossword puzzle.
- Spring is one of the four seasons.
- It usually starts around March 20th each year.
- The technical term for spring is the Vernal Equinox.
- Spring brings longer days.
- The weather changes during spring usually include increased wind, more rain and warmer weather in the northern hemisphere.
- Spring is a time when plants spring up and flowers begin to grow again after winter.
- While it is spring in the northern hemisphere it is actually autumn in the southern hemisphere.
- Spring lasts until around June 21st.
- During spring the earth’s axis is tilted toward the sun and that brings the warmer weather and longer days.
- Birds typically mate during the spring months.
SPRINGTIME FUN FOR KIDS
Springtime is such a great time to get outside and introduce kids to new experiences.
Children want a change of pace from wintertime activities.
Try starting a spring garden with kids and teach them all about the process of growing plants.
This is a great time of year to play outdoor games as a family. Simple games like hide and seek are always a hit. Change things up and learn some new games for the trampoline.
I always enjoy nature walks during spring. It is an interesting time to explore the great outdoors and watch the new life springing from the earth.
PRINTABLE SPRING CROSSWORD PUZZLE FOR KIDS
If you are looking for a great activity as a segue to teaching kids about the spring season this printable is perfect.
HOW TO GET THE PRINTABLE SPRING CROSSWORD PUZZLE FOR KIDS
You can download and print off this printable spring crossword puzzle for kids for your own personal use at home.
The Printable spring crossword puzzle is a PDF file that you can download and print over and over. It’s available for free to my subscribers.
Just fill in the form below to get the free printable spring crossword puzzle. Not only will you get access to the printable, you’ll also get access to the entire library of printables I’ve created.
This crossword puzzle is just one of the many fun games in the Spring Activity Kit for Kids. Get the complete kit here:
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
MORE WORD FUN FOR KIDS
If you enjoyed this printable activity for kids be sure to check these out:
- Halloween Crossword Puzzle
- Outerspace Word Search for Kids
- Pirates Crossword Puzzle for Kids
- Camping Word Search for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!