This Grinch Jello Snack Cup is a fun and easy dessert for your child’s lunch box or class party.
How to Make a Grinch Jello Snack Cup
First, you’ll need to gather a few basic supplies. Most importantly, you’ll need a snack cup of green Jello.
You’ll also need a Sharpie, red pom pom, small white pom pom, a small strand of white yarn, scissors, googly eyes, and a low temperature hot glue gun (or craft glue). I bought a large pack of assorted pom poms and googly eyes that I use for a variety of craft projects.
Step 1 – Give Grinch a Pair of Eyes
Set the Jello cup upside down in front of you and glue on two googly eyes. Don’t position them too close to the top because we’ll need room to draw in the eyebrows.
Step 2 – Draw the rest of Grinch’s Face
Draw an upside down “V” above each eye for the eyebrows. Then, make a small heart for the nose, with a line extending down. Finish his smile.
Step 3 – Add a Hat
Next, glue a red pom pom to the top for the base of the hat. Then, glue a smaller white pom pom to the red pom pom, placed slightly to the side.
Step 4 – Finishing Touch
Now you just need to wrap the bottom of the red pom pom with a few layers of white yarn to form the brim of the hat. Attach the yarn with glue.
That’s it! Your Grinch Jello Snack Cup is ready for the lunch box.
Grinch Jello Snack Cup Printable Instructions
Ready to make your own Grinch Christmas Jello Snack Cup? Print off the instructions below.
Grinch Christmas Jello Snack Cup
- Green Jello cup
- Medium sized red pom pom
- Small sized sparkly white pom pom
- Thick white yarn
- Googly eyes
- Low temperature hot glue gun or other craft glue of your choice
- Place the green Jello with the lid facing down, and use glue to attach two googly eyes to the front of the container. Leave a small amount of room above the eyes to allow space for the eyebrows to be drawn on.
- Draw a Grinch face onto the front of the green Jello around the googly eyes. You can see the photo for reference.
- Using glue, attach a red pom pom to the top of the Jello snack to serve as the base of the Santa hat.
- Glue a smaller sparkly white pom pom to the top of the red pom pom, make it slightly off to the side to give the impression of a hanging hat.
- Attach a few layers of thicker white yarn around the bottom of the red pom pom with glue to create a brim for the Santa hat.
I hope you have fun making your own Grinch Jello Snack Cup! If you do make one, please tag me on social media so I can see!
More Holiday Snack Fun
Want an even easier holiday lunch box snack? This Santa Suit Jello Cup is super easy!
The holiday season is so chaotic, my #1 tip for managing the stress and staying focused on fun is to head into it organized.
To help you do that, I have a free 18-page holiday planner for you. Just fill in the form below to get immediate access to it, plus access to all of my other subscriber freebies.