Air Fryer Toaster Strudel is easy to make and turns out perfectly flaky and sweet. If you love toaster strudels this homemade kid-friendly version is going to be a success with your family.
This simple air fryer breakfast recipe is great for a busy weekday morning and you can even make them ahead and then reheat them before running out the door.
I made this turnover recipe with strawberries for two reasons, one because strawberries are delicious and the second is because they can pack a health punch. Strawberries are great for good cholesterol and can also help lower blood pressure.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Strawberry Toaster Strudels are an easy to make family-friendly breakfast, that you are going to love.
- Ready in under 45 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love sweet and fruity breakfast recipes, you may also enjoy this Apple Cheesecake Pancake recipe.
To make this easy air fryer recipe you only need five ingredients. After one quick trip to the grocery store, you will be ready to enjoy these sweet treats right from the air fryer.
- puff pastry
- strawberry jam
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
Jam: Change up the flavors in this recipe by using other flavored jams.
Milk: Use milk in place of the heavy cream, if you don’t have any on hand.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
This delicious strawberry recipe only requires six basic kitchen tools. You don’t need anything fancy to make this sweet treat.
How to Make Air Fryer Strawberry Toaster Strudels
Are you ready to whip up these homemade toaster strudels? Follow these five simple steps, I promise you will be so glad that you did.
Step 1: Cut the puff pastry
Cut the puff pastry into evenly sized rectangles. If using store-bought sheets, sheets come folded. Cut folded brick in half and then unfold and cut along the folds. This will yield 12 evenly sized sheets.
Step 2: Fill the strudels
Take one sheet and place a tablespoon of jam in the middle leaving 1/2 inch of the border along all sides. With water on your fingertip, dampen the pastries’ borders. Sandwich blank pastry treats on top of the jammed pastry sheet.
Step 3: Seal the pastry
Press down the edges of the sheets sealing the jam in. You can use a fork to form a tight seal if you like.
Step 4: Air Fry the toaster strudels
Place two pastries in the air fryer basket (or more if your air fryer has the room) and cook on 350 for 5 minutes. Flip carefully and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and let cool before icing.
Step 5: Make the icing
While pastries are cooling, mix together powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla. Once pastries have cooled, ice each pastry and enjoy.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are my best swaps for switching up the recipe flavors.
Nutella: Switch out the jam with Nutella for a hazelnut treat.
Cream Cheese: Dice a block of cream cheese and add two or three pieces to your jam for a strawberry and cream cheese toaster strudel.
Wondering what you should serve with these homemade turnovers? Here are my favorite sides.
- fruit salad
Want to make sure that your toaster strudels come out well? Here are my best tips.
- Be sure to tightly seal the sides, so that your jam doesn’t leak out.
- Use as much icing as you prefer. If you want to ice the entire top of these homemade turnovers double the icing recipe.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer, I find it’s best to cook these one at a time.
Do you have questions about Air Fryer Toaster Strudels? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store leftover turnovers in the fridge for up to five days.
Reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm all the way through.
Yes! Freeze your strudels once they are completely baked and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Copycat Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Easy Air Fryer Bagels
- Air Fryer Nutella Pop Tarts
- Air Fryer Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Roll Danish Recipe
- Air Fryer Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Strawberry Toaster Streusel
- knife and cutting board
- Air Fryer
- Small bowl
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cut the puff pastry into evenly sized rectangles. If using store bought sheets, sheets come folded. Cut folded brick in half and then unfold and cut along the folds. This will yield 12 evenly sized sheets.
- Take one sheet and place a tablespoon of jam in the middle leaving 1/2 inch of border along all sides. With water on your fingertip, dampen the pastries’ boarders. Sandwich blank pastry treat on top the jammed pastry sheet.
- Press down the edges of the sheets sealing the jam in.
- Place two pastries in the air fryer basket (or more if your air fryer has the room) and cook on 350 for 5 minutes. Flip carefully and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool before icing.
- While pastries are cooling, mix together powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Once pastries have cooled, ice each pastry and enjoy.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!