Apple Cheesecake Pancakes are a decadent and delicious breakfast. This is the perfect breakfast recipe for special occasions or when you need a delightful treat in the morning.
TIPS FOR PERFECT PANCAKES
Pancakes are a seemingly simple breakfast item. I have eaten enough lackluster pancakes in my life to know that it is harder than it looks to make a light and fluffy pancake!
Luckily there are some easy ways to make sure pancakes turn out perfect every time.
Here are a few tips that should help your pancakes taste better than ever before:
- Do not over stir the batter. There is always an urge to just keep stirring that batter but do not give in! Over stirring the batter will lead to tough pancakes.
- Let the batter rest after you mix it up. Surprisingly enough just a 5-minute rest can lead to better pancakes. If you have time to put the batter in the fridge for 30-45 minutes covered it will be even better!
- Getting the batter too thick or too thin is an issue. The batter should be thin enough that the pancakes will spread so they are about 1/4 inch thick. If pancakes are too thick they may be doughy in the middle.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE CHEESECAKE PANCAKES
This easy breakfast recipe starts with a pancake packed with cinnamon and applesauce and ends with layers of cream cheese filling! What’s not to love?
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Chunky Applesauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CHEESECAKE PANCAKES
If you are experienced with making pancakes this recipe will be a breeze for you. Syrup isn’t necessarily needed because the cheesecake filling is more than enough to satisfy, but feel free to add it if you like!
STEP ONE: MAKE BATTER
Start off by mixing all the pancake ingredients together until just mixed. Do not over stir the batter.
Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes or more if you have time.
STEP TWO: HEAT GRIDDLE
Heat the griddle or frying pan to about 350 degrees F.
Don’t pour pancake batter on a cold griddle!
STEP THREE: MAKE PANCAKES
Once the griddle is hot pour the pancake batter onto the griddle in 1/2 cup circles. A pancake batter dispenser can help you make all your pancakes the same size.
Cook the pancakes on one side first until air bubbles start to form. When one side is done cooking and is golden brown, flip the pancake over with a spatula.
Cook the other side until it reaches the same golden brown color.
Remove pancakes from griddle when they are done cooking and set aside.
STEP FOUR: MAKE FILLING
Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the cream cheese and sugar. Use a mixer to combine these ingredients. Once the cream cheese and sugar are combined add in the vanilla and mix well.
STEP FIVE: LAYER
Place a pancake on a plate and then spread some of the cheesecake filling on top of the pancake. You can do this with a spatula or by adding the cheesecake filling to a piping bag and piping it on.
Place a second pancake on top of the filling and serve.
This should make enough for 4 servings.
APPLE CHEESECAKE PANCAKES RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this apple cheesecake pancakes recipe via the recipe card below.
Apple Cheesecake Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together all pancake ingredients until just mixed. Do not over stir.
- Heat griddle to 350, and pour pancake batter out in ½ cup circles. Let cook on first side until air bubbles start to form, and use a spatula to check to see for doneness. When the bottom is a nice golden brown, flip the pancake and cook on the other side until it reaches that golden brown color.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar until nicely blended. Mix in the vanilla.
- Put the cheesecake filling in a piping bag and pipe the cheesecake filling over one pancake and top with a second pancake to serve.
If you loved this breakfast recipe be sure to check out these other great ideas:
- Blueberry Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Crepe Recipe
- Polar Bear Donuts
- Air Fryer Toaster Strudel
- Giant Instant Pot Pancakes
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!