I put together this Ultimate Gift Guide because gift giving should be fun, not stressful! Even if you don’t buy the items suggested in these gift lists, they’re sure to provide you with plenty of giftspiration (okay, not a real word, but it has a good ring to it, doesn’t it?).
The secret to giving great gifts is to hone in on one thing your intended giftee finds interesting. When my kids were in elementary school, I always asked their teachers to fill out this “Teacher’s Favorite Things” survey to help me choose gifts I knew they would use and appreciate.
Of course, surveys aren’t appropriate in most situations. Hopefully, when it comes to friends and family, you know something about the things they like and enjoy.
When it comes to gifting situations where you don’t know the recipient well (e.g. a welcome gift for the new neighbors, a hostess gift for your husband’s new boss, or the little kid in your daughter’s class who invited her to a birthday party), don’t worry. I’ve put together some fail-safe gift ideas that work in all those situations.
And for the 2019 holiday season, I partnered with 10 of my favorite bloggers, each with her own area of expertise. We’ve each curated one section of the gift guide based on our own experience and opinions to put together an amazing collection of truly thoughtful and unique gifts for all of the important people in your life.
Need more ideas? Don’t worry, I’ve put together even more gift ideas for every age, interest, and personality. Simply click on any of the links below to see the gift suggestions for each group.
The Ultimate Gift Guide List
Below are links to every gift guide I’ve created so far. You’ll find everything from gifts for your best friends to gifts for germaphobes. If you’re stumped about what to give someone, you will definitely find an idea you can use somewhere in this list.
Gift Ideas by Age
- Best Gifts for Toddlers
- Best Gifts for Kids 5-7 Years Old
- Best Gifts for 8 to 10-Year-Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 8 to 10-Year-Old Girls
- Best Gifts for Tween Boys
- Best Gifts for Teen Boys
- Best Gifts for Teen Girls
- Best High School Graduation Gift Ideas
- Best Gifts for College Students
- Care Package Ideas for College Students
- Best Gifts for Men
- Best Gifts for Moms
Gift Ideas for Those Who Are Hard to Shop For
- Best Gifts for Your Best Friends
- Best Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything
- Best Gifts for Long-Distance Friends and Family
- Best Hostess Gifts
- Birthday Gift Ideas for Kids You Don’t Know
- Birthday Gifts Kids Love and Parents Approve
- Gifts That Give Back
Gift Ideas by Interest
- Best Gifts for Book Lovers
- Best Gifts for Coffee Lovers
- Best Gifts for Crafters
- Best Gifts for Germaphobes
- Best Gifts for People Who Love to Cook
- Best Gifts for Sports Fanatics
The Ultimate Gift Guide for Teacher Gifts
- Back to School Gift Ideas for Teachers
- Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
- MORE Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Teacher Appreciation Week Gift Ideas
DIY Gift Ideas
- Easy DIY Gifts Your Friends and Family Will Love
- Bad Day Basket
- DIY Fleece Wreath
- Irish Coffee Gift in a Jar
- Motherhood Journal Jar
- Reindeer Hot Chocolate Gift Bags
- Tickled Pink: Easy Gift Idea for Her
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
If you really want to up your gifting game, prepare in advance by stocking a gift closet. That way, you’ll have gifts ready to go on a moment’s notice!
And if you want to impress your friends with items you can’t find just anywhere, check out my favorite places to find unique gifts.
Finally, don’t forget that it’s just as important to be a gracious recipient as it is to be a conscientious gift giver. Find out how to write the perfect thank you note when you receive an amazing gift.