This Reindeer Applesauce Cup is a quick and easy craft to turn an ordinary snack into a festive holiday treat. You just need a few minutes and some basic craft supplies to make the transformation.
How to Make a Reindeer Applesauce Cup
First, you’ll need to gather a few basic supplies. Most importantly, you’ll need a snack sized container of applesauce.
You’ll also need a gold sparkly pipe cleaner, googly eyes, a red pom pom, scissors, some holiday colored yarn or cloth, and a low temperature hot glue gun (or craft glue). I bought a large pack of assorted pom poms and googly eyes that I use for a variety of craft projects.
Step 1 – Attach Eyes
Set the applesauce cup upside down in front of you and glue on two googly eyes.
Step 2 – Attach the Nose
Next, glue the red pom pom just below the eyes.
Step 3 – Make the Antlers
Now, you’ll need to cut the gold pipe cleaner in half. Shape each half into an antler like the picture below.
Step 4 – Attach the Antlers
Once you’ve made the antlers, you just need to glue them onto the applesauce container at the back to attach them.
Step 5 – Add a Scarf
To make your reindeer extra festive, tie some holiday-colored yarn or fabric around the base of the container to make a scarf.
That’s it! Your Reindeer Applesauce Cup is ready to delight your child.
Reindeer Applesauce Cup Printable Instructions
Ready to make your own Reindeer Applesauce Cup? Print off the instructions below.
Reindeer Applesauce Cup
- Applesauce containers
- Gold sparkly pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Sparkly red pom pom
- Red or other holiday colored yarn or thinly cut cloth
- Low temperature hot glue gun or other craft glue of your choice
- Place the applesauce container with the lid facing down, and use glue to attach two googly eyes to the front of the container.
- Use glue to attach a red sparkly pom pom below the eyes on the front of the container.
- Cut a gold sparkly pipe cleaner in half and bend each piece of pipe cleaner into squiggly antler shapes. You can see the photo for reference.
- Attach the antlers to the back of the applesauce container with glue.
- Tie a piece of holiday colored yarn or thinly cut cloth around the bottom of the applesauce container to make a scarf for your reindeer.
I hope you have fun making your own reindeer applesauce cup! If you do make one, please tag me on social media so I can see!
More Holiday Snack Fun
This Grinch Jello Cup is just as cute and only involves a few extra steps.
The holiday season is so chaotic, my #1 tip for managing the stress and staying focused on fun is to head into it organized.
To help you do that, I have a free 18-page holiday planner for you. Just fill in the form below to get immediate access to it, plus access to all of my other subscriber freebies.