This Juice Box Snowman is easy to make and is such a fun way to surprise your child when they open their lunch box. It’s a fast and easy craft that can make a big difference in your child’s day.
How to Make a Juice Box Snowman
Like the juice box turkey I made for Thanksgiving, this juice box snowman requires just a few basic crafting supplies. You’ll need some construction paper, a glue stick, 2 small black pom poms, 2 googly eyes, scissors, yarn and of course, a juice box.
Step 1 – Make the Snowman Body
First we need to cover the juice box in white paper to look like a snowman. To do this, lay the juice box on top of a piece of white construction paper with the bottom of the juice box lined up with the bottom edge of the paper.
Draw a line all the way across the paper along the top of the juice box.
Step 2 – Wrap the Juice Box
Next, cut the paper along the line and discard the top strip. Wrap the remaining piece around the juice box and glue down the edge to secure it.
Step 3 – Add the Eyes
Now, turn the juice back over so the seam is underneath. Glue two googly eyes to the front.
Step 4 – Make the Nose
To make the nose, cut a small triangle from the orange construction paper.
Then, glue it on the juice box beneath the googly eyes.
Step 5 – Add the Buttons
If you happen to have 2 small buttons on hand, you can use those. I didn’t so I used black pom poms. Just glue them on below the snowman’s nose.
Step 6 – Add the Scarf
The final touch is to give the snowman a scarf. I used yarn, because that’s what I had, but you can also use a thin piece of scrap cloth. Just tie it around the juice box below the nose and above the buttons.
That’s it! Your juice box snowman is ready for the lunch box. Or, stage him in the fridge to surprise your child when he or she goes to get a drink or snack.
Juice Box Snowman Printable Instructions
Ready to make your own Juice Box Snowman? Print off the instructions below.
Juice Box Snowman
- White and orange construction paper
- Glue stick
- Two small black pom poms
- Two googly eyes
- Holiday colored yarn or piece of thinly cut cloth
- Juice box
- Lay the juice box on top of a piece of white construction paper with the bottom of the juice box lined up with the bottom edge of the paper. Trace across the top of the juice box to create a line to cut across.
- Cut out the marked strip of white construction paper. Wrap it around the juice box and secure with glue.
- Turn over the juice box so that the flat white surface is facing up. Glue two googly eyes on the front of the juice box.
- Cut out a small triangle shape from orange construction paper and glue it to the front of the juice box below the eyes.
- Using glue, attach two small black pom poms to the front of the juice box below the nose. Be sure to leave a gap for where the scarf will be in the next step.
- Cut a small piece of holiday colored yarn or thinly cut cloth and tie it around the juice box below the nose and above the black pom pom buttons to create a scarf for your snowman.
I hope you have fun making your own juice box snowman! If you do make one, please tag me on social media so I can see!
More Holiday Fun
If you’re looking for another easy Christmas craft, check out my tutorial for a DIY Fleece Wreath. It’s much easier than you expect and it’s really inexpensive too!
The holiday season is so chaotic, my #1 tip for managing the stress and staying focused on fun is to head into it organized.