Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Instant Pot Queso Chicken is crazy easy to make and so yummy! Even better, if you’re trying to watch your carbs or are following a keto diet, you can enjoy this dish guilt-free.
When I say this meal is easy, I mean it! It’s a dump-and-push-start Instant Pot recipe with very little hands-on time since the pressure cooker does most of the work.
If you’re looking for a delicious, low-carb or keto meal that even the kids will gobble up, you’re going to love this Instant Pot Queso Chicken!
How to Make Instant Pot Queso Chicken
This Instant Pot Queso Chicken is one you can whip up any night of the week since you likely have most of the ingredients on hand already.
Ingredients to Make Instant Pot Queso Chicken
To make this dish using your Instant Pot you only need a few basic ingredients:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of broth
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
If you don’t have chicken tenderloins, you can use breasts, just slice them into strips to make sure they cook through completely.
For the Rotel tomatoes, you can control the spiciness of the dish by choosing the version that fits your heat tolerance. Original is a nice balance between mild and hot if you want something with just a little heat.
If you’re following a keto diet, use bone broth. Otherwise, chicken broth is fine.
Instructions for Making Instant Pot Queso Chicken
This recipe is pretty straightforward. No dicing, marinating, or sauteing. Really, the only thing you need to pay attention to is layering the ingredients properly to prevent a burn error and so things cook evenly.
First, lay the chicken tenderloins in the bottom of the inner liner of your Instant Pot.
Then, sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
Next, pour in the broth.
Add the Rotel diced tomatoes, making an effort to spread them evenly over the chicken.
Now, we just need to set the cream cheese on top. The inside of your pot should look like this:
Now, it’s time to pressure cook this meal! Secure the lid of your Instant Pot and make sure the valve is turned to Sealing. Press “Manual” and set the time for 15 minutes.
When the cook time ends and the timer beeps, allow for a 10 minute natural release (i.e. wait 10 minutes before turning the valve to Venting to release the pressure). Once the pressure has fully released, remove the lid.
Stir to combine the chicken and sauce. Make sure the cream cheese is completely incorporated.
We’re almost done! We just need to add the Monterey Jack cheese to make this dish extra cheesy and creamy.
Stir the cheese into the dish until it’s fully melted.
If you’re watching your carbs, you can spoon your Instant Pot Queso Chicken over cauliflower rice. You can also use it as a filling in these Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos and use low carb tortillas.
Not concerned about carbs? Serve it over regular rice or with tortilla chips (my kids’ favorite version).
Pair it with a side salad to round out the meal.
Instant Pot Queso Chicken Recipe
Prefer to print out the recipe? Here’s the recipe card with exact measurements and step-by-step instructions.
Instant Pot Queso Chicken (Keto, Low Carb)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a single layer in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning over the chicken. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper,
- Pour broth over the chicken (use bone broth for keto, otherwise chicken broth is okay).
- Pour a can of Rotel tomatoes evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Place cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and set valve to Sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 15 minutes. When the cook time ends, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before turning the valve to venting to quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir the ingredients to fully incorporate the cream cheese.
- Add the Monterey Jack cheese, and stir to combine. Continue stirring until cheese has fully melted.
- Serve over cauliflower rice for a low-carb or keto meal alongside a salad. For a kid-friendly meal, serve over rice or with tortilla chips.
Keto Meal Planning
Do you struggle to find recipes and plan meals that are keto-compliant? One of my favorite keto/low-carb food bloggers puts together amazing weekly meal plans.
She even lets you try a week free so you know what you’re getting before you ever pay a penny. SIGN UP FOR A FREE WEEK HERE
More Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
Are you a fan of Mexican food? It’s my favorite! Check out these other Instant Pot Mexican recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
- Instant Pot Taco Lasagna
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Pin this recipe so you can easily find it later: