This Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad is the perfect side dish for your favorite southwest meals. Loaded with familiar Tex-Mex flavors and wholesome ingredients, this dish is as delicious as it is nutritious.
Every Tuesday at our house is Tex-Mex Tuesday. It used to be Taco Tuesday but I wanted more variety.
What Makes This Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad So Great
If you’re a fan of Tex-Mex food, this Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad is going to be one of your favorite side dishes. It’s loaded with the flavors you love – cumin, cilantro, corn, and if you choose, avocado and tomatoes.
Even better, this southwest salad is loaded with nutrients! In fact, between the quinoa and the black beans, you get a healthy dose of protein so this dish can stand alone as a vegetarian entree.
Of course, quinoa provides more than protein. You get a good dose of fiber, iron, lysine, magnesium, riboflavin, and manganese. In other words, it’s good for your blood cells, muscles, brain, and metabolism.
Aside from this recipe for quinoa black bean salad, here are 10 other ways to prepare and enjoy quinoa.
For those of you who are on a gluten-free diet, this is a dish you can enjoy without concern. Check out this 30-day Gluten-Free Instant Pot menu if you are looking for more gluten-free Instant Pot recipes.
From the black beans in this recipe, you also get a generous amount of calcium, omega-3s, and folic acid, providing additional support for your blood cells and brain. Plus, a bonus for your bones!
How often do you get to enjoy something that delights your taste buds as much as it nourishes your body? THAT is why I love this dish.
Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cans black beans rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen corn thawed
- Optional- Chopped avocado and quartered grape tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add olive oil and onion.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock and quinoa.
- Set Instant Pot to Rice, low pressure, 6 minutes.
- While cooking, combine black beans and corn.
- Add cooked quinoa to the black beans and corn.
- Add dressing ingredients to a medium bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Serve with avocado and quartered grape tomatoes.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Wondering what to serve this Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Salad with? Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot Tex-Mex recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Taco Lasagna
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili