This Instant Pot Taco Soup is a colorful, flavorful soup the entire family will love! It’s all the great taste of tacos in a hearty and satisfying soup.
If you love Taco Tuesdays but still want some variety, this Instant Pot Taco Soup is a great recipe to add to your menu during cold weather. It’s also a great potluck recipe and is an easy, affordable way to feed a crowd!
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Soup
You won’t need any fancy ingredients for this Instant Pot Taco Soup, but there are a lot of them.
You can skip some of these if you want, but it’s the combination of all the flavors and textures that makes this soup so yummy!
As far as equipment, all you need are your Instant Pot and something to stir with!
Step 1: Saute Onions and Garlic
To begin, press the “Sauté” button on your Instant Pot. Wait for the display to read “Hot” then add olive oil, diced onions and minced garlic to the pot.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
Step 2: Brown Ground Beef
Next, add ground beef to the pot.
Cook until it’s completely browned and no longer pink. Turn the Instant Pot off.
Step 3: Add Remaining Ingredients
Now we’re going to add everything else. First, add some chicken stock to Instant Pot.
Then, add black beans, kidney beans, and corn.
Next, pour in some tomato juice.
Next up are taco seasoning, salsa, tomatoes, and green chilies.
Finally, sprinkle cilantro on top.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Mix everything together by giving it a good stir. Secure the Instant Pot lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
When the cook time has finished, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, move the valve to venting to release the remaining pressure.
Spoon into bowls and add your favorite toppings. My kids like it with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and some diced green onions.
I like to add some extra cilantro and sliced jalapenos to mine. It’s delicious however you top it!
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
Want to print out the recipe for this Instant Pot Taco Soup? Just click the “print” option in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 pound of lean ground beef pork or turkey
- 3 tablespoons or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 small cans of diced green chilies
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of spicy tomato juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or 2 cans of corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function (Mine shows 30 when I turn this on.)
- Add the olive oil and allow to heat up. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add chicken stock to Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, add black and kidney beans and corn.
- Add tomato juice
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, tomatoes, and green chilies. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Mix everything together.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
- Top with your favorite yummies!
More Instant Pot Resources
Do more with your Instant Pot with these helpful Instant Pot Accessories: