Mistletoe Kisses Treat Bags are such a simple way to show someone you care this Christmas season. The printable treat bag toppers make this so easy you won’t believe how little time it takes to put these bags together. Who wouldn’t love to get a cute bag of Hershey kisses?
ALL ABOUT MISTLETOE
Kissing under the mistletoe is a common holiday occurrence. A lot of people don’t know why this tradition started and what it means.
Here is some interesting information about mistletoe!
- Mistletoe is actually a parasitic plant. It is a parasite that actually attacks trees!
- It grows by penetrating the bark of its host which is usually a tree.
- Mistletoes are slow-growing and basically live until their host dies.
- European Mistletoe is the variety that you see in traditional Christmas stories and literature.
- Historians believe that because mistletoe has evergreen foliage and red berries it was brought into homes to decorate during the holidays.
- The custom of kissing under the mistletoe developed in England and was once believed to lead to marriage!
- It is common to see sprigs of mistletoe hanging from doorways and ceilings even today!
WHO GETS MISTLETOE KISSES TREAT BAGS?
Mistletoe kisses treat bags are great for just about anyone. Since these are easy to make it won’t take you long to make up a bunch of bags.
Here are some ideas of people you can give treat bags to:
- Children at school holiday parties
- Church children’s classes
- People at local nursing homes
- Local fireman and police officers
- Homeless people you encounter
- Put these in stockings
- Santa could hand these out at a local community event
- These make great gifts for your children’s friends for Christmas
HOW TO MAKE MISTLETOE KISSES TREAT BAGS
I almost feel silly listing the instructions for these easy treat bags. Nevertheless, I know some people have never made a treat bag gift before and it always helps to have step by step instructions!
STEP ONE: PRINT OFF TREAT BAG TOPPERS
The first step is to print off the treat bag toppers. Decide how many treat bags you will be making and print off the number of sheets you need to make that many bags.
I prefer to print these off on cardstock so they are sturdy.
Simply fill out the form below to download and print the labels.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
STEP TWO: CUT TREAT BAG TOPPERS
Now it is time to cut the treat bag toppers apart. I like to use a paper trimmer so the cuts are nice and smooth. You can also use scissors if you don’t have a paper trimmer.
Fold each topper in half.
STEP THREE: FILL BAGS
Take some clear or decorated cellophane bags and fill them with Hershey’s kisses. There are tons of different kinds of kisses so pick your favorite or do a variety.
I personally like to use the ones with holiday wrappers.
Fill each treat bag about 1/3 to 1/2 full of kisses.
STEP FOUR: ATTACH A TOPPER
Take one topper for each treat bag and attach it to the top using a stapler. I like to do 2 staples so it is secure.
Now they are all done and you can start giving them away and making people smile!
If you loved these treat bags be sure to check out these other printables:
- Family Activity Advent Cards
- Free Printable Christmas Shopping List
- Letter to Santa
- 12 Free Printable Christmas Games
Be sure to SHARE this with your friends on social media so they can make some treat bags too!