If you want to make the tastiest casserole ever, you have to try this Keto Lobster Casserole. This low carb dinner recipe will become a regular on your menu, it is just that good!
IS LOBSTER KETO APPROVED?
Lobster meat is definitely approved for keto. Lobster meat has virtually no carbs and is full of protein and nutrients.
Here are some facts about lobster:
- Lobster is a rich source of copper and selenium
- Zinc, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Magnesium, and Vitamin E are also found in lobster meat.
- Lobster is a shellfish.
- Shellfish consumption has been found to decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO LOBSTER CASSEROLE
I will admit that this seafood casserole is a little more costly to make than some of my other recipes. The lobster meat and whipping cream tend to be a tad pricier. It is still a great recipe to make occasionally for a special treat!
- Lobster Meat
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chicken Bone Broth
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Pork Rinds
- Unsalted Butter
- Gruyere Cheese
HOW TO MAKE KETO LOBSTER CASSEROLE
This recipe has quite a few steps, but believe me when I say that it is worth the time and effort!
STEP ONE: PREPARE LOBSTER
Start off by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
Take a small saucepan and place it on the stove. Add the heavy whipping cream to the pan and then add the uncooked lobster meat.
Cook the lobster and cream over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. It is always important to not overcook lobster meat or it will become chewy.
After you reach the low boil remove the saucepan from the heat. Strain the lobster meat out of the cream and put it into a separate bowl. Reserve the cream to use later.
STEP TWO: COOK ONION
Grab a skillet and heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion to the skillet and cook until it is brown and tender.
Add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the skillet. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze the pan. Simmer these liquids for about 30 seconds.
STEP THREE: FINISH LOBSTER MIXTURE
Add in the reserved cream, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the skillet mixture. Now add the cooked lobster meat to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the cream mixture down for 3-5 minutes.
STEP FOUR: PREPARE TOPPING
Place the finely crushed pork rind crumbs into a bowl. Add the shredded cheese and melted butter to the rinds. Stir these together to combine.
STEP FIVE: ASSEMBLE CASSEROLE
Now take a baking dish and pour the lobster mixture into the dish.
Top the lobster with the pork rind topping.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is browned and bubbly. When the casserole is done cooking remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
This is great served over steamed veggies!
KETO LOBSTER CASSEROLE RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this Keto Lobster Casserole recipe via the recipe card below.
Keto Lobster Casserole
- 1 lb. Lobster meat
- 1 ¼ c. Heavy whipping cream
- 1 c. Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp. Chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Melted unsalted butter
- ½ c. Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 1 ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan, and place 1 lb of uncooked lobster meat in as well.
- Cook the lobster meat in the cream over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. Do not overcook the lobster meat, or it will become chewy in texture.
- Strain and reserve the milk from the lobster meat, and set both aside separately.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chopped onion in the skillet for a few minutes until it begins to become browned and tender.
- Pour in 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of chicken bone broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze it, and simmer for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in the cream that was reserved from earlier.
- Toss in the chopped fresh basil.
- 1Mix in salt and pepper to taste as well as 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- 1Add in the cooked lobster meat, reduce heat to medium, and simmer to cook down the cream mixture for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- 1Place ½ cup of very finely crushed pork rind crumbs to a small mixing bowl.
- 1Add ½ cup of shredded gruyere cheese, and 2 tbsp of melted unsalted butter. Mix the ingredients together, these will be the topping for your lobster bake.
- 1Pour the lobster mixture from the skillet into a small baking dish.
- 1Layer the pork rind and cheese topping mixture on top, and bake for 15 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly.
- 1Remove the lobster bake from the oven, allow to sit for 5 minutes, and serve over cauliflower rice, freshly steamed broccoli, or your choice of keto-friendly vegetables.
Keto Meal Planning
Do you struggle to find recipes and plan meals that are keto-compliant? One of my favorite keto/low-carb food bloggers puts together amazing weekly meal plans.
She even lets you try a week free so you know what you’re getting before you ever pay a penny. SIGN UP FOR A FREE WEEK HERE
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!