Keto Lobster Cakes are absolutely delicious and perfect for this time of year. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite keto recipes and the whole family loves it too.
WHAT ARE LOBSTER CAKES?
Lobster cakes are very similar to crab cakes or other seafood cakes. They are not a “cake” in the sweet sense. A patty is made with some basic ingredients and usually pan fried or baked so that the outside is crispy.
Lobster cakes make a great main dish, but are also commonly eaten as appetizers.
This recipe is also a great way to use leftover lobster meat. If you only have crab meat on hand these could easily be made into keto crab cakes.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR KETO LOBSTER CAKES
This recipe is keto friendly due to a simple substitution. Typically a lobster cake would have breadcrumbs as an ingredient, but breadcrumbs are not part of a keto meal plan.
This recipe substitutes crushed pork rinds for the breadcrumbs to keep it keto friendly!
- Lobster Meat
- Olive Oil
- Butter, unsalted
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Crushed Pork Rinds
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE KETO LOBSTER CAKES
These lobster cakes don’t take very long to make and there is little chance of having leftovers! Who doesn’t love lobster?
STEP ONE: CRUSH THE PORK RINDS
Start off by crushing the pork rinds. I have found the easiest way to do this is to put the rinds into a zippered plastic bag and use my rolling pin to crush them.
If you don’t have a rolling pin you can accomplish this by using a glass and rolling it over the bag of rinds.
Try to get the rinds very finely crushed for the best results.
STEP TWO: MAKE THE LOBSTER MIXTURE
Now you need to finely chop the uncooked lobster meat. Put the chopped lobster meat into a large mixing bowl.
Add in one beaten egg to the bowl.
Place 1/2 cup of crushed pork rinds and the finely chopped red bell pepper to the bowl and stir these ingredients together.
Now add in the parsley, scallions, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl and stir to combine.
You want these ingredients to be well combined and the best way is to just use your hands to mash it all together!
STEP THREE: FORM PATTIES
It is time to make the mixture into patties. Divide the mixture into 5 equal amounts and make small round patties.
If the mixture seems too wet you can add more crushed pork rinds now.
STEP FOUR: FRY THE CAKES
Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet on the stove to medium-high heat.
Once the oil/butter is hot add the keto lobster cakes to the oil. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
You want the patties to be crispy and golden brown on each side and fully cooked.
Serve these up hot!
KETO LOBSTER CAKES RECIPE
I know you are anxious to make these Keto Lobster Cakes. You can download the full ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Keto Lobster Cakes
- 1 lb. Lobster meat finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1/2 Red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 Scallion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2-3/4 cup Crushed pork rind crumbs
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop 1 lb of uncooked lobster meat, and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in 1 beaten egg.
- Add in ½ cup of crushed pork rind crumbs. You may need to add more later if your mixture is too wet, but reserve the rest for the end if needed. Make sure the crumbs are as fine as possible for best results.
- Mix in ½ of a red bell pepper finely chopped.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley and 1 finely chopped scallion.
- Add 1 tsp of Old Bay seasoning, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form the mixture into 5 small equal sized patties. If the mixture is too wet, add in the additional ¼ cup of crushed pork rind crumbs now.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add in the lobster cake patties, and cook for 3 minutes on each side until they are browned, crispy and cooked through.
- Serve hot with freshly chopped herbs or your favorite keto-friendly sauce.
If you loved this recipe be sure to check out these other keto friendly recipes:
- Keto Shrimp Foil Packets
- Instant Pot Queso Chicken
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Easy Keto Chicken Parmesan
Keto Meal Planning
Do you struggle to find recipes and plan meals that are keto-compliant? One of my favorite keto/low-carb food bloggers puts together amazing weekly meal plans.
She even lets you try a week free so you know what you’re getting before you ever pay a penny. SIGN UP FOR A FREE WEEK HERE