Last Updated on March 30, 2023 by Corinne Schmitt
Keto Shrimp Foil Packets make getting dinner on the table so easy and mess free. This easy dinner recipe is delicious and the whole family will be asking for it again and again!
WHAT ARE FOIL PACKET DINNERS?
Foil packets have gained a lot of popularity in the past few years, but I have been eating them since I was a kid! My parents called them hobo dinners and we ate them when we went camping and occasionally at home too.
The basic concept of a dinner foil packet is that your whole dinner is put inside a pocket of foil and cooked.
The key to a successful dinner foil packet is to make sure to keep the food tightly inside the foil. This creates a great cooking environment for the meat and veggies inside!
There are endless ways to make a foil packet dinner and the end result is always yummy!
KETO SHRIMP FOIL PACKETS
Keto Shrimp Foil Packets make creating a delicious keto dinner very quick and easy. Shrimp is such a great change from the beef and chicken that are so common on a keto eating plan.
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO SHRIMP FOIL PACKETS
This Keto Shrimp Foil Packets recipe has some wonderful, healthy ingredients.
- Yellow Summer Squash
- Lemon Juice
- White Cooking Wine
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE KETO SHRIMP FOIL PACKETS
Once you get the hang of making foil packets the whole process will speed right by!
STEP ONE: PREPARE THE PRODUCE
The first step is to get the vegetables ready. Peel and slice the zucchini and summer squash. Go ahead and slice a lemon into 6 slices. Set these all aside for now.
STEP TWO: PREPARE THE SHRIMP
Now go ahead and peel and devein the shrimp. Place the shrimp into a bowl.
Add the melted butter, white wine, lemon juice, parsley and thyme to the bowl of shrimp and stir around.
STEP THREE: FILL THE FOIL PACKETS
On each piece of aluminum foil put 6-7 pieces of zucchini and summer squash. Be sure to put the veggies in the center of the foil. Add some salt and pepper to the veggies.
Now put a handful of the shrimp mixture on the top of the veggies.
Put one slice of lemon on top of each pile of shrimp with a sprig of rosemary.
STEP FOUR: CLOSE THE FOIL PACKETS
It is time to close the Keto Shrimp Foil Packets up.
Start by folding up the sides of each foil packet. Then fold them down to seal create the foil seal.
Last fold up each end of the foil to completely seal the packet.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
I like to place my foil packets on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You want the vegetables to be tender and the shrimp cooked thoroughly.
Remember if you decide to swap out any veggies they could take longer to cook.
I know you are excited to try this Keto Shrimp Foil Packets dinner recipe. You can download and print off the full recipe on the recipe card below.
Keto Shrimp Foil Packets
- 1 ½ lb. Peeled and deveined tail on shrimp
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash sliced
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon White cooking wine
- 1/2 cup Chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Chopped fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs Rosemary
- 6 slices Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sheets aluminum foil about 15 inches long
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, chopped parsley, chopped thyme, white wine, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste to the bowl with the shrimp. Toss to combine.
- In the center of each of the aluminum foil sheets, place 6-7 slices of the zucchini and yellow summer squash each.
- Top the squash and zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Add a handful of the shrimp mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Place a slice of lemon on top of the shrimp, and a rosemary sprig on top of the lemon.
- Fold up the sides of the foil sheets, and fold them down to create a seal.
- Fold up each end of each piece of foil to finish sealing the packets.
- Bake the packets for 15-20 minutes until the shrimp is cooked completely, and the vegetables are tender.
If you would like some more shrimp recipes check these out:
- Instant Pot Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Japanese Fried Rice and Shrimp
- Microwave Shrimp Primavera
- Florentine Shrimp Macaroni
- Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
Keto Meal Planning
Do you struggle to find recipes and plan meals that are keto-compliant? One of my favorite keto/low-carb food bloggers puts together amazing weekly meal plans.
She even lets you try a week free so you know what you’re getting before you ever pay a penny. SIGN UP FOR A FREE WEEK HERE
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can make it over and over again!
2 thoughts on “Keto Shrimp Foil Packets”
Will definitely try this one, too! So easy!
This looks so easy to try. Hope it will be yummy and my 6 years old daughter will love it. Going to try it for her soon.