You will be hooked the minute you try these Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Waffles. Such a fun and delicious breakfast recipe made in the waffle maker!
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE IN A WAFFLE MAKER?
I love the versatility of the waffle maker. It is great for so much more than just regular waffles. If I am going to take up space in my pantry I want to know that the appliance will get a lot of use.
It amazes me how creative you can get with a waffle iron. I am not always in the mood for a “sweet” breakfast and love that I can make savory recipes in my waffle maker too.
- Cornbread is one of the first “unique” recipes I made in my waffle maker. I just poured the batter in and boom…cute little waffle-cut cornbread popped out.
- Almost any kind of thick batter can be cooked in the waffle maker. The texture may end up different than if you cooked it in the oven, but that is part of the fun. Brownies are always a good bet!
- It is fun to make waffle omelets. Just whisk your eggs and other ingredients together and pour them into the waffle maker. YUM!
INGREDIENTS FOR HAM AND CHEESE HASH BROWN WAFFLES
This ham and cheese hash brown waffles recipe sticks to simple ingredients. Remember you always want to have some non-stick cooking spray on hand to keep your waffle creation from sticking.
- Hash Browns
- Diced Ham
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Green Onion, optional
- Sriracha, optional
HOW TO MAKE HAM AND CHEESE HASH BROWN WAFFLES
A waffle maker is a kitchen appliance that older children can learn to use. This is a fun breakfast recipe to teach kids to make! Get ready for breakfast in bed, mom.
STEP ONE: THAW HASH BROWNS
You will want to start with thawed hash browns. If you buy frozen hash browns pour them into a large bowl and let them sit on the counter until they thaw.
You can also buy the fresh hash browns in the cooler section at the store. These are very handy!
When the hash browns are thawed place them on a plate covered with a paper towel. Press a 2nd paper towel on top to soak up any extra moisture.
Put the hash browns back into the bowl.
STEP TWO: ADD HAM & CHEESE
Turn the waffle maker on so it has a few minutes to heat up.
Now add the pre-cooked ham to the bowl. I always buy the pre-cooked already diced ham.
If you have leftover ham to use that works great too, just dice it up.
Add the shredded cheese to the bowl.
STEP THREE: EGGS
Add the 2 eggs to a small bowl and whisk them.
Pour the eggs into the big bowl of hash browns, ham, and cheese.
Stir these ingredients together so they are well mixed.
STEP FOUR: COOK
Lightly spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour a cup of hash brown mixture onto the waffle maker. Spread it around so you have an even layer and close the lid.
Cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown!
Remove the ham and cheese hash brown waffles from the waffle iron and serve with diced green onion and sriracha if desired.
HAM AND CHEESE HASH BROWN WAFFLES
I know you are excited to try a new recipe out in your waffle maker. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Waffles
- Waffle Maker
- 3 cups hash browns thawed
- 1/2 cup ham cooked and diced
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- Non-stick spray
- Green onion for garnish, optional
- Sriracha for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl add your frozen hash browns
- Let your hash browns sit in the bowl until they thaw
- Place the hash browns on a paper towel covered plate and press another paper towel on top to soak up the moisture
- Put your hash browns back in the bowl
- Turn on your waffle maker
- Dice your pre-cooked ham if it isn't already diced.
- Add your ham, cheese to the hash brown bowl.
- In a small bowl add your 2 eggs and whisk.
- Pour your eggs into the hash brown mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop 1 cup of the hash brown mixture onto the waffle maker.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in the waffle maker.
- Cook for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the waffle maker.
- Top it with green onions, extra ham, and cheese if desired.
- Drizzle Sriracha on top
If you love breakfast recipes be sure to check these other great recipes out:
- Blueberry Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Chocolate Crepe Recipe
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- Instant Pot Omelette Casserole
- The Best Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!