Cherry Pie Cookie Cups are seriously the easiest dessert to make. This is a 3 ingredient recipe and is very budget-friendly.
FUN WAYS TO USE CHERRY PIE FILLING
Canned cherry pie filling and other canned pie fillings can be used in so many different ways. They are a perfect shortcut in the kitchen and can save you a lot of time.
If you have some pie filling in the pantry try using it for some of these fun ideas:
- Ice Cream Topping: It is easy to spoon some fruit pie filling on top of a bowl of vanilla ice cream for a quick and yummy dessert.
- Sweet Dips: It is easy to beat some softened cream cheese with some pie filling for a delicious dip for fruit or graham crackers.
- Fruit Parfaits: Make a quick parfait by layering cheesecake filling or yogurt with fruit pie filling and top it off with some whipped topping.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHERRY PIE COOKIE CUPS
I love recipes with only a few ingredients. A 3 ingredient recipe is one of my favorites! I personally never count cooking spray as an ingredient, but if you do then this is a 4 ingredient recipe!
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Powdered Sugar
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY PIE COOKIE CUPS
This is a very quick recipe to make and so simple that kids can help out too. If you love the flavor of cherry you will love this recipe.
STEP ONE: MAKE CUPS
Start off by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
Take a 24 count mini muffin pan and spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray. This will make removing these little treats from the pan so much easier.
Another option is to use a silicone mini muffin pan for easy removal.
Now grab the tube of store-bought sugar cookie dough and pinch off pieces of dough. Roll the dough into small balls.
Place one dough ball in each mini muffin cup.
STEP TWO: BAKE
Place the muffin pan into your preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
As soon as the timer goes off remove the pan from the oven and use a pastry tamper to shape each piece of dough into a cup. Do this by pressing down in the center of each ball.
Let the cookie cup crusts cool completely.
STEP THREE: FILL CUPS
Once the cookie cup crusts are cool it is time to fill them with the cherry pie filling.
Spoon a little bit of cherry pie filling into each cookie cup.
STEP FOUR: SPRINKLE
I like to top each cherry pie cookie cup with a little bit of powdered sugar. The easiest way to do this is to use a sifter or small shaker.
This will distribute the powdered sugar more evenly.
These don’t need a lot of sugar, but a little bit is perfect to offset the cherry flavor.
CHERRY PIE COOKIE CUPS RECIPE
I know you are excited to make this easy dessert recipe. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Cherry Pie Cookie Cups
- 1 can Cherry Pie filling
- 1 package Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 24 count mini muffin pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pinch off pieces of sugar cookie dough and roll into small balls. Place one ball in each of the 24 mini muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a pastry tamper to create the cookie cups. Press down in the center of each muffin cup to create a "cup".
- Let cookie cups cool completely.
- Spoon cherry pie filling into each cup.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over each cup with a sifter or small shaker.
If you loved this Cherry Pie Cookie Cups recipe be sure to check out these other easy dessert ideas:
- Caramel Pumpkin Cookie Cups
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Apple Pie Bites
- 3 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Mini Strawberry Lemon Tarts
- Cream Cheese Monster Cookie Dough Dip
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!