These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins are a quick and easy breakfast or snack that can be made in minutes! These little bites are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without all the guilt.
If you love delicious muffin recipes that are easy to make, then this is the recipe for you. Not only are these air fryer chocolate chip muffins delicious, but they are also simple to make.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins
The air fryer uses hot air to cook food, so it cooks faster than a conventional oven. This means that you can have these muffins ready to eat in just a few minutes!
One of my favorite things about using the air fryer for baking is that it doesn’t heat up your kitchen as a conventional oven does. This is especially nice during the summer months when it’s already hot outside.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast or snack that won’t break the bank then look no further than these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love healthy muffin recipes, you may also want to try this Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe.
These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins only require a few simple ingredients and can be made in minutes. All of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store. So, gather these ingredients and get ready to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- butter, melted and cooled
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup for topping later)
- white sparkling sugar
Sugar: You can substitute white sugar for brown sugar or even coconut sugar.
Chocolate Chips: you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate. If you want to get really creative, you could even add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this tasty treat.
- air fryer
- measuring cup and spoon
- large bowls
- silicone muffin cups
How to Make Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins come together in just a few simple steps. Follow these simple steps and you will have delicious muffins in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Preheat your air fryer at 375 for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Whisk together the dry ingredients and set them aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: Whisk together butter and sugar
In a separate large bowl, whisk together your butter and sugar.
Step 4: Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to the sugar mixture
Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to your butter and sugar bowl. Mix.
Step 5: Slowly add the flour mixture
Add your flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix.
Step 6: Fold in the chocolate chips
Add in 1 cup of your chocolate chips. Fold in. Be sure to stir gently so that the muffins aren’t tough.
Step 7: Place muffin batter into silicone molds and top with chocolate chips
Place silicone molds in your air fryer. Add your muffin mixture to the molds 3/4 of the way. Top with a few chocolate chips (about 3-6 chips per muffin according to your liking).
Step 8: Sprinkle with sparkling sugar
Sprinkle it with some sparkling sugar.
Step 9: Air fry the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Cook at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. I suggest also sticking a toothpick in the middle of one muffin, and if the stick comes out clean (no batter), it is done!
Step 10: Allow the muffins to cool
Allow muffins to cool. Then enjoy!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many ways that you can mix up this recipe to create a new and unique treat each time. Here are some of my favorite ways to change up these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Mocha: Add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules for a mocha flavor.
Mashed Banana: If you love banana bread add 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas to your batter for a delicious banana flavor.
Nuts: Add 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts. I love pecans or walnuts in these muffins.
Here are some of my best tips and tricks to help you make the perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins each and every time.
- Do not overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in tough muffins.
- Be sure to use room temperature ingredients. Room temperature ingredients mix together much better than cold ingredients.
- Reserve some chocolate chips to top the muffins before cooking. This will give the muffins a nice chocolate topping that everyone will love.
- Use silicone molds for easy removal and clean-up. You can also spray the muffin liners with cooking spray for easy removal.
- If you do not have silicone molds, you can use a regular muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups, if the muffin tin will fit into your air fryer basket.
- The cook time is listed per batch. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to cook in multiple batches.
Do you have questions about these Air Fryer Muffins? If so, here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
These muffins are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes! These muffins can be frozen for up to 2 months. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
Yes! This recipe can easily be made into mini muffins. Just cook for less time (about 7 minutes) and be sure to use a mini muffin tin.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Toaster Strudel
- Easy Air Fryer Nutella Poptarts
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda +1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips reserve 1/2 cup for topping later
- 4 tablespoons white sparkling sugar
- Preheat your Air Fryer at 375 for 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together your butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to your butter and sugar bowl. Mix.
- Add in your flour mixture. Mix.
- Add in 1 cup of your chocolate chips. Fold in.
- Place your silicone molds in the air fryer. Add your muffin mixture to the mold 3/4 of the way. Top with a few chocolate chips (about 3-6 chips per muffin according to your liking).
- Sprinkle with some sparkling sugar.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. I suggest also sticking a toothpick in the middle of one muffin, and if the stick comes out clean (no batter), it is done!
- Allow muffins to cool. Then enjoy!
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!