Chocolate Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins are actually packed with healthy ingredients. These muffins are filling and make a great breakfast or snack. This is also a myWW friendly recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING A HEALTHIER MUFFIN
I love bread in all forms. The problem is there are a lot of undesirable ingredients in many bread and muffin recipes.
Over the years I have tried out a lot of different methods to make healthier muffins so I would feel less guilty eating them!
Here are some easy tips and swaps to make muffins more nutritious.
- Use mashed ripe fruit to sweeten the muffins to limit the amount of sugar needed.
- Reduce the oil or eliminate it totally by using applesauce or yogurt instead.
- Use a smaller amount of chocolate chips. They still taste great, but you save calories and sugar.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE BANANA OAT CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
This muffin recipe is packed with nutritious ingredients. The oaks and Greek yogurt help make these muffins a filling option.
- Brown Sugar
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BANANA OAT CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
This recipe makes 18 regular sized muffins or 36 mini muffins.
STEP ONE: PREPARE OATS
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake liners or silicone muffin cups.
Put 1 1/2 cups of oats into a blender or food processor. Blend the oats until they are a flour-like consistency.
STEP TWO: MAKE BATTER
Take a large bowl and add the ripe bananas. Mash the bananas up until smooth.
Add the eggs, brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients until well-combined.
Now add in the ground oats, remaining cup of oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix these together and then allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes.
STEP THREE: ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Once the batter has rested, fold in the chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: FILL MUFFIN PAN
Now spoon the muffin batter into each muffin cup.
You can sprinkle some additional oats on top if desired.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling.
CHOCOLATE BANANA OAT CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
These chocolate banana oat chocolate chip muffins are actually great for people following the WW program. There are 2 points for the myWW Purple Plan, 3 points for the myWW Blue Plan and 3 points for the myWW Green Plan. Serving size is one regular sized muffin.
There are so many great Weight Watchers recipes available online to help people cook healthy foods at home.
I know you are anxious to make this easy muffin recipe. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Chocolate Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 bananas ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 ½ cups of oats in a blender or food processor and blend until a flour-like consistency forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add ground oats, regular oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix to combine and allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin and sprinkle with additional oats, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you loved this muffin recipe be sure to check out these other great posts:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
- Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole Cups
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later!