Air Fryer Naan is soft, doughy homemade naan bread that is brushed with a delicious garlic butter. The garlic really makes this homemade naan bread perfect for dipping, pizzas or eating as it is.
We just love this homemade savory bread recipe. Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient that makes naan bread so flavorful and doughy.
What Is Naan?
Naan bread is typically served with Indian food. Indian food surprisingly has many great nutrients that our bodies need for immune support, inflammation reduction, and even brain function.
Not only is Indian food packed with nutrients that our bodies need, so is garlic. Garlic can help reduce inflammation, and also lower blood pressure.
Why I Love This Recipe
Soft, doughy and slathered with flavorful garlic butter, this Air Fryer Naan recipe is going to become a staple in your kitchen.
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
Looking for a way to serve up your naan bread? Use it as a side for my Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
You should have most of these ingredients already in your pantry or fridge. If you do need to run to the grocery store, have no fear these ingredients are easily found and budget friendly.
- active dry yeast
- warm water
- plain Greek yogurt
- minced garlic
- baking powder
Need to replace an ingredient or want to make this recipe your own? Here are some suggestions for you.
Sour Cream: Can’t find plain Greek yogurt? Sour cream will work just as well in your naan bread.
Garlic Butter: Leave off the garlic butter for plain air fryer naan bread.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Ready to whip up this delicious dish? You only need a few helpful tools.
How to Make Air Fryer Naan
Making this soft doughy bread does take a little bit of time, but it’s completely worth it. In order to have fresh homemade naan you only need these 6 easy steps.
Step 1: Bloom your yeast
In a mixing bowl, stir the yeast, sugar and water together. Let sit for 10 minutes. Foam will appear.
Step 2: Make your dough
Add flour, milk, yogurt, garlic, oil, baking powder and salt. Using a dough hook, mix together until dough ball forms.
Step 3: Knead your dough
Remove from the bowl and knead dough for 3 minutes on a floured surface. Place the dough ball in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour to double in size.
Step 4: Shape your dough
Remove and cut dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll pieces into balls and flatten balls on a floured surface to fit the size of your air fryer basket.
Step 5: Air Fry your naan
Take flattened dough and place in the air fryer basket and spray with oil. Cook on 370 for 6 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 6: Flavor your naan
In a bowl, melt the butter with the garlic and parsley. Brush mixture onto naan after cooking.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Parmesan: Add one tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese to your melted garlic butter for a garlic parmesan bread.
Garlic: Don’t have fresh garlic on hand? Use jarred minced garlic instead.
Looking for a way to serve up your naan bread? I’ve got some suggestions for you.
Serve Air Fryer Garlic Naan bread with soups, hummus, chili, Indian food, or curry. I love to dip my naan bread.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure that your naan bread turns out perfect on the first try.
- If your yeast doesn’t foam after ten minutes, your yeast may be stale. Try again with fresh yeast.
- Use warm water, but not hot water. Try to get your water slightly warmer than room temperature, look for a water temperature around 105 degrees.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about naan bread.
Store naan bread in an airtight container for up to three days.
Reheat in your air fryer, by heating your air fryer to 350 degrees, and cook your naan for 2 to 3 minutes, or until completely warm.
Yes, Air Fryer Naan bread freeze beautifully, just be sure to keep your naan in an airtight container. You can freeze for up to three months.
More [Related] Recipes
If you like bread, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Naan
- Air Fryer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- In a mixing bowl, stir the yeast, sugar and water together. Let sit for 10 minutes. Foam will appear.
- Add flour, milk, yogurt, garlic, oil, baking powder and salt. Using a dough hook, mix together until dough ball forms.
- Remove from bowl and knead dough for 3 minutes on a floured surface. Place dough ball in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour to double in size.
- Remove and cut dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll piece into balls and flatten balls on a floured surface to fit the size of your air fryer basket.
- Take flattened dough and place in air fryer basket and spray with oil. Cook on 370 for 6 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, melt the butter with the garlic and parsley. Brush mixture onto naan after cooking.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!