This Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s a fast and easy dinner that requires just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes of cook time.
I like to prep this Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe the night before or in the morning, to let the marinade do its work. Then, I have a dinner I can get on the table in just minutes. It’s perfect for nights when we only have a small window of time to eat together.
How to Make Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thighs
You don’t need dozens of ingredients to give a dish flavor if you choose ones with intensity and depth. I use two of my favorites in this dish – rosemary and lemon.
Here are step-by-step instructions for this Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh recipe.
Step 1 – Marinate
This dish gets its flavor from a simple marinade of lemon, garlic, and rosemary. Just combine the ingredients and then pour over the boneless chicken thighs inside a plastic storage bag.
The marinade needs at least 30 minutes to infuse the thighs with flavor. If you’re relying on this recipe for a quick weeknight meal, do this step the night before or the morning of. The longer marinade time will enhance the flavor.
Step 2 – Brown Chicken Thighs
When you’re ready to cook, just heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then brown the chicken thighs on each side. Then, transfer the cooked thighs to a plate. Leave the skillet on medium-high heat.
Step 3 – Finish the Dish
Next, add lemon juice and some water to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any bits that have stuck there. Continue scraping and stirring until the liquid comes to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
Place the chicken thighs back in the skillet to warm and coat with the sauce. This should only take a few minutes.
Your Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thighs are ready to serve! Pair it with your favorite sides. I like quinoa and broccoli, but it also works well with rice and salad or stuffing and green beans.
Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe
Ready to make this Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 large lemons zest and juice, divided
- 1 T. garlic finely minced
- 2 T. fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine ½ of the lemon zest and juice with the garlic and rosemary and stir to combine. Place remaining lemon zest in an airtight container and freeze for future use in marinades, soups, or salad dressings. Reserve remaining lemon juice and set aside.
- Unroll chicken thighs, if necessary, to expose entire surface area. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place chicken thighs in a large, sealable plastic bag and pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn several times to ensure chicken is evenly coated. Place bag in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken thighs from bag, allowing excess marinade drip off before transferring to another dish. Discard remaining marinade.
- Working in batches if necessary, add chicken thighs to hot skillet and cook until browned on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer thighs to a clean serving platter and set aside.
- Add remaining lemon juice and ¼ cup water, if necessary, to hot skillet to deglaze. Gently scrape surface of pan with spatula to remove any browned bits. Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Return chicken thighs to skillet and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and serve immediately with your choice of sides.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you liked this Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe, you might enjoy my Lemon Chicken, and some of these other easy dinner ideas.