This sausage onion and potato sheet pan dinner is a quick and easy recipe for busy weeknights. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and only dirties one dish. While it’s baking, you can be helping the kids with homework or sorting the mail.
You can season it however you want to suit your tastes so it’s extremely versatile. Served with a side salad or steamed green beans, it’s a well-balanced meal. You’ll love the simplicity of this dish!
How to Make the Sausage Onion and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe is so ridiculously easy, it’s going to be a stretch to break it down into steps.
Step 1 – Lightly grease a sheet pan.
Step 2 – Slice onions, smoked turkey sausage, and red potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Spread them in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. If your family likes Brussel sprouts, you can add them to the pan too. Broccoli, mushrooms and carrots are other popular choices.
Step 3 – Sprinkle the sausage, onion and potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If you prefer a Cajun flavor, use Creole seasoning instead.
Step 4 – Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
The kids love this dish because it’s basically a fancy version of hot dogs and french fries. I love it because it’s so easy to make and the clean up is a cinch!
Sausage Onion and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Here’s the printable version of the recipe.
- 2 pkgs smoked turkey sausage
- 1 3 lb bag red potatoes
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan.
- Cut turkey sausage into ½-inch slices.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized wedges.
- Slice onions into quarters and then quarter those sections.
- Spread sausage, potatoes and onions evenly on sheet pan.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
More Easy Family Dinner Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you’ll LOVE my recipe for Baked Pork Chops and Apples with Brown Sugar Glaze. It’s the most popular recipe on my site and is a favorite in my family and many others.
If your kids like shrimp, this Microwave Shrimp Primavera is another quick and easy meal to throw together.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- 5 Sleepover Games Your Kids & Their Friends Are Going to Love - August 18, 2017
- September Acts of Kindness Calendar - August 17, 2017
- 20 DIY Games for Family Game Night - August 16, 2017