This Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is the perfect way to serve up Chinese food for dinner without the need to order it in or stand over a stove. It’s one of my go-to easy family dinners since I almost always have all the ingredients on hand.
I love the bright colors of the carrots and peas in this dish. The kids love the flavor! That’s why this is one of my favorite busy weeknight dinners.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
You’ll love how easy this dish is to put together. The oven will do most of the work in this dish, so you can help the kids with homework (or just take a few minutes to catch your breath!).
Step 1 – Prepare the Sauce
Yes, the dish will mostly cook in the oven, but you’ll have to start at the stove to make the sauce. Don’t worry, it’s a simple matter of combining a few ingredients (water, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, cumin and garlic) in a pot. You’ll stir them over medium heat to get them to blend together, then add a little cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
Step 2 – Bake the Chicken
Next, you’ll pour HALF the sauce over the chicken and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Step 3 – Finish the Dish
Finally, you’ll add the remaining ingredients to the chicken. Just stir well to make sure everything is coated in sauce. Then bake for an additional 10 minutes and you’re done!
Teriyaki Chicken Casserole Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe with all the details.
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Frozen peas
- 3 small boneless chicken breasts, sliced or cubed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the water, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, cumin and garlic in a pot over medium heat. Add the cornstarch and mix until boiling. Keep boiling until the sauce thickens and remove from the fire.
- Place the chicken breast cubes in the prepared pan. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and take to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Take out from the oven
- Add the carrots, peas, rice and the remaining of the sauce and with the help of a wooden spoon mix until everything is coated. Take to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
More Easy Family Dinner Recipes
If you liked this recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Casserole, you might enjoy some of these other easy dinner recipes.
Sign up for my newsletter and have a new recipe delivered to your inbox each week in my weekly newsletter.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017