Homemade Cookie Monster Ice Cream is blue and full of cookies. This delicious and easy to make homemade ice cream will have the whole family asking for a second helping.
WHAT IS COOKIE MONSTER ICE CREAM?
I am going to assume you have heard of Cookie Monster, but depending on your age it is possible he isn’t familiar to you.
Cookie Monster is a muppet on Sesame Street. He is blue and furry and he LOVES to eat cookies! His real name is Sid, but he got the nickname cookie monster and it stuck.
Cookie Monster Ice Cream is basically blue ice cream with cookie chunks inside. Blue and cookies equals cookie monster!
Whether you are throwing a cookie monster themed party, making your child a cookie monster costume or you just love the color blue and eating cookies…this recipe will become a favorite!
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKIE MONSTER ICE CREAM
There are only six ingredients in this yummy ice cream recipe. I put Chips Ahoy and Oreos in this but you could definitely substitute other cookies if you prefer a different type of cookie.
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Mini Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Mini Oreo Cookies
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE COOKIE MONSTER ICE CREAM
If you have made homemade no-churn ice cream before this recipe will be a breeze. It is the same concept only different additions.
STEP ONE: BEAT CREAM
The first step is to use an electric mixer and beat the heavy cream until it is thick. This will take a few minutes to do, but it makes all the difference in the end taste and texture of the ice cream.
STEP TWO: ADD MILK AND VANILLA
Once the heavy whipping cream is nice and thick it is time to fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
STEP THREE: FOOD COLORING
Add some of the blue gel food color to the ice cream mixture. Use as much or as little as you like to get the ice cream the shade of blue you like. Stir it all together really well.
STEP FOUR: LAYER INGREDIENTS
Take a freezer-safe container or loaf pan and spoon half of the ice cream mixture into the container.
Take the cookies and crush them a little bit so they are in smaller chunks. Sprinkle half the cookies over the layer of ice cream.
Pour the remaining ice cream over the layer of cookies and sprinkle the remaining cookies on the very top.
STEP FIVE: FREEZE
Place the container in the freezer and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to serve the ice cream, remove the container from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften before serving.
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this fun homemade cookie monster ice cream recipe via the recipe card below. This is so much better than store-bought!
Homemade Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops blue gel food coloring
- 2 ounces mini snack size Chips Ahoy 2 (1 ounce) packages
- 2 ounces mini snack size Oreos 2 (1 ounce) packages
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth. Add blue gel food color and stir to get the shade of blue you desire.
- Next, spoon half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the cookies, slightly crushed up. Repeat layers and top with remaining cookies.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
If you enjoy homemade ice cream be sure to check out these other tantalizing recipes:
- Easy Homemade Nutter Butter Ice Cream
- No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- Homemade Tropical Ice Cream
- Easy Homemade Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Be sure to PIN this for later!