Buffalo Chicken Bites are an appetizer that everyone loves. Easy to pick up and eat and full of bold buffalo flavors make this a favorite party food. It is also very easy to make a huge platter of these bites to feed a crowd.
WHAT IS BUFFALO SAUCE?
Buffalo sauce has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. If you love bright, bold flavors you will probably love buffalo sauce.
I have a weakness for spicy foods and buffalo sauce meets that need very well!
You can make homemade buffalo sauce or you can buy it already made! This is convenient for when being a Wondermom is hard due to crazy schedules!!
Traditionally buffalo sauce is made with a combination of hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, butter, and different seasonings. There are lots of variations out there! I am a big fan of Frank’s brand because there is a big variety of sauces from mild to really hot!
INGREDIENTS FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES
There are only 6 ingredients in this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Bites. I have been known to double this recipe when we are having a big party!!
- Tostitos Scoops Chips or similar style chip
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Feta Cheese
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES
I know I mention shortcuts a lot and this is another recipe that allows you to take some shortcuts to save time. Using rotisserie chicken is a really easy way to make this a QUICK and easy appetizer. Shortcuts allow me more time to do some fun outdoor activities with my family.
STEP ONE: MIX CREAM CHEESE
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a large bowl and add the softened cream cheese and half a bottle of hot sauce. You can choose a mild or extra hot version based on personal preference.
Mix these ingredients together using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer until they are well blended.
STEP TWO: ADD CHICKEN AND CELERY
Now you will add in the shredded rotisserie chicken and the diced celery.
Fold these gently into the cream cheese mixture.
STEP THREE: FILL CHIPS
Take a baking sheet and place a single layer of scoops style chips on the sheet.
Spoon some of the buffalo chicken mixture into each chip.
STEP FOUR: ADD FETA
Sprinkle a little bit of feta cheese on top of each filled chip.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Place the baking sheet gently into the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES RECIPE
I love how perfect these bite-size delights are for game day parties. My family goes crazy for finger foods!
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for these Buffalo Chicken Bites via the recipe card below.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 1 bag TOSTITOS Scoops!
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 bottle Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Regular or Buffalo Wing
- 3 stalks celery washed and diced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and half a bottle of the hot sauce.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until blended.
- Add chicken and celery, fold in gently.
- On a baking sheet, place a layer of chips.
- Spoon mixture into each chip.
- Sprinkle feta over the top of each filled chip.
- Bake for 6-8 mins or until hot.
If you love recipes that use buffalo sauce be sure to check these ideas out:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos (a healthier version if you are watching your calories)
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!