Mini Meatball Appetizer Cups are the perfect finger food for any party or gathering. This is an easy appetizer recipe that people of all ages will love! Your platter will be empty by the end of the evening.
WONTON WRAPPERS ARE SO VERSATILE
Wonton wrappers are not just for Asian recipes anymore. People have gotten very creative and have found lots of ways to utilize wonton wrappers in recipes.
Here are some unique ideas that use wonton wrappers as the base of the recipe:
- You can make a healthier version of pumpkin pie with this Pumpkin Pie Tarts recipe.
- If you don’t want to make traditional crab rangoon you can try these easy Crab Rangoon Cups.
- Change up taco night by making taco cups with wonton wrappers instead of regular taco shells.
- If you cut the wonton wrapper in half you can use the pieces in mini muffin pans for a smaller appetizer.
INGREDIENTS FOR MINI MEATBALL APPETIZER CUPS
This recipe has a very pizza-like flavor and that is what makes these muffin cups so popular. I love that these don’t require a fork to eat!
- Wonton wrappers
- Italian style meatballs (thawed)
- Marinara sauce
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh herbs, if desired for garnish
HOW TO MAKE MINI MEATBALL APPETIZER CUPS
This is a simple recipe to double or triple for a big party. It is also a fun recipe to have kids help you make! Set up a little assembly line and put those children to work.
STEP ONE: BAKE SHELLS
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grab your regular-sized muffin tin and place one wonton wrapper firmly down into each compartment of the tin.
Place the muffin tin in the oven and pre-bake these wonton wrappers for 5 minutes.
Be sure you have thawed the frozen meatballs!
STEP TWO: FILL CUPS
Take the 6 slices of Provolone cheese and tear them all in half. Place one half of each slice into the bottom of each muffin tin.
Place 1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce into each muffin compartment.
Cut each of the meatballs into 4 pieces. Place 3 pieces of meatball into each wonton cup.
Sprinkle one tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on top of each wonton cup.
STEP THREE: BAKE
Place the muffin pan into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and the wonton wrappers are crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Add some fresh herbs for garnish if desired.
If you happen to have any leftovers (which probably won’t happen, LOL) be sure to keep them in an airtight container.
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this Mini Meatball Appetizer Cups recipe via the recipe card below.
Mini Meatball Appetizer Cups
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 9 Italian style frozen meatballs defrosted
- Marinara sauce
- 6 Slices provolone cheese
- 12 tablespoon Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh herbs for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one wonton wrapper firmly down into each of the compartments in the muffin tin.
- Pre-bake the wonton wrappers for 5 minutes.
- Tear the pieces of provolone cheese in half. Place one half into the bottom of each wonton wrapper.
- Cut the meatballs into fourths.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon of marinara sauce into each wonton wrapper cup.
- Put 3 pieces of meatball into each of the cups.
- Top each wonton wrapper cup with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are crispy.
- Serve immediately with fresh herbs for garnish, or store in an airtight container.
If you love great appetizer recipes be sure to check these other “cup” style snacks out:
Don’t forget to PIN this great snack recipe so you can come back and make it again and again.