This Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad is anything but routine. With savory bacon and a tangy dressing, it’s perfect for any picnic or potluck. So go ahead and take a bite—you won’t be disappointed.
Broccoli Salad with Craisins
One of the biggest benefits of broccoli is that it is loaded with a wide array of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. If you want a delicious salad that packs a nutrient bang then this salad is just what you are seeking.
Why I Love This Recipe
This Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad is simple to make for a delicious side dish or a potluck.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love fresh and easy salad recipes you may enjoy this Creamy Mexican Corn Salad recipe.
This broccoli bacon and cheese salad only requires a few simple ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. You may already have some of them on hand.
- Diced Red Onion
- Shelled Sunflower Seeds
- Dried Cranberries
- Bacon (Cooked crispy)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
For the dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
Vinegar: White vinegar can be used in place of apple cider vinegar in a pinch.
Onions: Sweet onions make a delicious swap for red onions in this salad.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this family-friendly side dish recipe.
How to Make Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad
This Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad is ready in under 30 minutes. It is always a hit at parties.
Step 1: Chop the broccoli
Finely chop broccoli and place in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add in onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and cheese
Add in onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and cheddar cheese. Crumble bacon and add it to the bowl. Stir ingredients until everything is well mixed.
Step 3: Make the dressing
In a medium-size bowl combine mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir until well mixed.
Step 4: Mix the salad and dressing together
Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, fold in until everything is evenly coated.
Step 5: Cover and refrigerate
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Looking for a way to personalize this recipe? Here are my favorite tried and true swaps.
Protein: Bacon tastes amazing in this recipe, but you can also use diced ham.
Sweetener: On a low-carb diet? Use your favorite low-carb sweetener in place of sugar.
Vegetables: Add your favorite diced vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and celery for more flavor.
Wondering when to serve this easy side salad recipe? Here is a list of what I like to pair with my broccoli salad.
- Hot dogs
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloins
- I like to chop my broccoli up finely and use shredded cheese, but you can leave the broccoli and cheese in larger chunks.
- This easy salad is great made up to 24 hours in advance, however, the sauce will thin out the longer that it sits.
- If you plan on making this for a party or potluck, it may be best to wait until the serving time before adding the dressing.
Do you have questions about this Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad recipe?
Simply store in a sealed container in the fridge. Keeps up to 24 hours in the fridge once combined.
If you want to meal prep this recipe, keep the dressing separate from the salad, and store for up to five days.
Broccoli salad can be keto-friendly if you use a low-carb sweetener like Stevia or Swerve.
More Side Salad Recipes
If you like side salads, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Salad
- 8 cups Broccoli finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion diced
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds shelled
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 package Bacon Cooked crispy
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
For the dressing
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Finely chop broccoli and place in a large bowl.
- Add in onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and cheddar cheese. Crumble bacon and add it to the bowl. Stir ingredients until everything is well mixed.
- In a medium size bowl combine mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, fold in until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!