Last Updated on July 14, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
A classic egg salad recipe is a must for any recipe box. This egg salad makes amazing sandwiches and is perfect for spring picnics and Easter celebrations.
WAYS TO EAT EGG SALAD
There is something delicious about egg salad sandwiches. It is fun to change up the kind of bread you use for your sandwiches.
I have even eaten my egg salad in a lettuce wrap before and it was delish! Crackers are also a fun way to eat egg salad.
Here are some different kinds of bread that taste great with egg salad:
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Potato Bread
- Crusty French Bread
- Traditional White Bread
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG SALAD
There are a few ingredients in this egg salad that takes the flavor up a notch.
- Pickle Juice
- Yellow Mustard
- Dry Mustard
- Onion Powder
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC EGG SALAD RECIPE
I love that this classic egg salad recipe can be made up ahead of time for holidays and special events. This is a very quick and easy recipe.
STEP ONE: DICE EGGS
Dice all the hard-boiled eggs and place them into a large bowl.
STEP TWO: ADD INGREDIENTS
Now add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, dry mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika to the bowl.
Stir the ingredients so they are well-combined.
STEP THREE: ADD BACON
Now add the chopped, cooked bacon to the bowl and gently fold it in.
Refrigerate the egg salad until ready to use.
CLASSIC EGG SALAD RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this great lunch recipe via the recipe card below.
Classic Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 eggs hard boiled and shelled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- Dice the hard boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, dry mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped bacon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to check out these other great lunches and picnic recipes:
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Caesar Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- Egg Salad Without Mustard (with Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
Be sure to PIN this for later!