One of my favorite side dishes during warmer weather is this Creamy Broccoli Salad. It’s colorful, flavorful and loaded with healthy ingredients.
The added sweetness from the apples, raisins and honey make this a popular vegetable dish with the kids too.
How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad
In addition to all the reasons I’ve already listed that make this dish one of my favorite sides, it’s also incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes.
Step 1 – Make the Dressing
Because the flavor of this salad gets better the longer the ingredients mingle together, we start with the dressing which contains most of the strong flavors. In a small bowl or mason jar, you’ll combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, and some salt and pepper.
Step 2 – Prepare the Vegetables and Fruits
Next, we’ll combine all of the other ingredients in a large salad bowl. Start with the broccoli and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
Do the same with the apples and add them to the bowl. Then, add the raisins and nuts.
Step 3 – Dress the Salad
Finally, it’s time to combine the dressing and the salad. Start with just a couple of tablespoons and add more to gradually until it’s coated to your taste.
Make sure you mix the salad well to coat the ingredients.
You can serve the broccoli salad right away, which is what I do when I make it for my family. For parties and picnics, I make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a few hours. The ingredients hold up well and the flavor really sinks in when the dressing has time to sit on the broccoli and apples.
Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Adjust to taste and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli and apple into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with the raisins and pecans and then add 2-3 Tablespoons of the dressing. Add more dressing as desired.
- This salad is great right away and the flavors just intensify if left in the fridge for a couple hours.
If you liked this recipe, you might enjoy some of these other side dish recipes.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017