Air Fryer Enchiladas are a quick and easy way to get your Mexican food fix! These enchiladas are filled with a flavorful ground beef mixture and topped with lots of cheese, and they’re cooked in the air fryer until they’re hot and bubbly.
If you are looking for an easy air fryer dinner, then look no further than this recipe for air fryer enchiladas. This dish is packed with flavor and it’s so simple to make.
Air Fryer Enchiladas
The benefit to using air fryers is that they use hot air to cook with, so there’s no need to add oil. That means these enchiladas are a bit healthier than traditional fried versions.
If you’ve never made enchiladas before, don’t worry – this recipe is easy to follow and it doesn’t take long to make. You will be so glad that you made tasty enchiladas.
Why I Love This Recipe
The air fryer makes for an easy and quick weeknight meal. Air-fried ground beef enchiladas are topped off with lots of cheese, and cooked until hot and bubbly on the inside!
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love air fryer Mexican food, next time give these air fryer chicken taquitos a try.
All of the ingredients for this recipe are easy to find at your local grocery store. Once you gather these ingredients you will quickly fall in love with this air fryer enchiladas recipe.
- red enchilada sauce (homemade or canned)
- prepared taco meat, seasoned with taco sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortillas, yellow or white
- chives, diced for garnish
Meat: Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
Enchilada sauce: Switch out the red enchilada sauce for Verde sauce.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this delicious air fryer recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to have dinner on the table in no time at all.
How to Make Air Fryer Enchiladas
Making air fryer enchiladas is a quick and easy process. Follow the simple steps below and you will have delicious enchiladas in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix together the meat and enchilada sauce
Mix 1 cup of meat into your enchilada sauce.
Step 2: Add sauce to the bottom of your pan
Add just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan you’re using for cooking.
Step 3: Warm the tortillas
Warm the tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave. This will make them soft and pliable.
Step 4: Fill the tortillas
Add 1-2 tablespoons of meat to your tortilla. Top with a little bit of cheese and roll closed. Place fold down in your pan and top with the sauce.
Step 5: Top with cheese
Once the pan is filled, top generously with sauce and cheese. Make sure it’s evenly distributed across all the enchiladas and fully covered.
Step 6: Air fry the enchiladas
Place pan in the air fryer basket, cook at 375 for 6-8 minutes until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
Peppers: Add some diced green peppers or onions to the meat mixture.
Heat: Add a diced jalapeno pepper to the meat mixture for some extra heat.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect air fryer enchiladas:
- If your tortillas are too dry, they will crack when you try to roll them. Wet a paper towel with warm water and lightly dampen each tortilla before filling and rolling.
- Make sure that you don’t overfill your tortillas. 1-2 tablespoons of meat is the perfect amount.
- When you are adding the sauce to the pan, make sure that you don’t use too much. You don’t want your enchiladas to be soggy.
- Toppings: Once your enchiladas are cooked, feel free to add your favorite toppings. Some ideas include diced tomatoes, sour cream, or green onions.
Do you have questions about this air fryer enchiladas recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Leftover enchiladas can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
The best way to reheat enchiladas is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the enchiladas on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Yes, you can freeze leftover enchiladas. Place them in a freezer-safe container and they will keep for 2-3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Air Fryer Calzones
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Cheese Enchiladas
- Air Fryer Nachos
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Enchiladas
- Mixing Bowl
- cake pan that will fit in your air fryer
- Air Fryer
- 2 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce homemade or canned
- 2 pounds prepared taco meat seasoned with taco sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 15-20 corn tortillas yellow or white
- 3 tbsps chives diced for garnish
- Mix 1 cup of meat into your enchilada sauce.
- Add just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan you’re using for cooking.
- Warm the tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave. This will make them soft and pliable.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of meat to your tortilla. Top with a little bit of cheese and roll closed. Place fold down in your pan and top with the sauce
- Once the pan is filled, top generously with sauce and cheese. Make sure it’s evenly distributed across all the enchiladas and fully covered.
- Place pan in the air fryer basket, cook at 375 for 6-8 minutes until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!