Air Fryer Parmesan Cod is a simple dish to make, and a delicious one too. This is a quick and easy parmesan-crusted cod recipe that you can make any day of the week.
The Air Fryer has been my favorite kitchen appliance for years now! I have been cooking with it every single day since then, using it to prepare all of my favorite dishes including this crispy seafood recipe.
Why Use an Air Fryer?
Using the air fryer is the best way to get that crispy texture on fried foods that we all love and crave without having to cook our favorite dishes in oil. The air fryer uses hot air to cook food instead of oil, so that means that you will get a crispy texture with minimal fat.
Why I Love This Recipe
Crispy and flavorful cod that cooks quickly without much effort at all in the air fryer.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love seafood recipes like this one you may enjoy this Classic Tuna Casserole recipe.
This ingredients list may seem long, but you should have most of these ingredients on hand already in your pantry and fridge. After one quick trip to the grocery store, you will be ready to make this easy weeknight seafood recipe.
- panko breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan cheese
- butter, softened
- scallions, green parts only, chopped
- Worcestershire sauce
- Texas Pete hot sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- cod filets, around 6 ounces each
- Finely chopped parsley to serve, optional
Sour Cream: Sour cream can be used in place of mayo if you prefer.
Bread Crumbs: Panko works best in this recipe but regular breadcrumbs will work in a pinch.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this air-fried seafood recipe. Gather the tools and get ready to enjoy an easy air fryer fish recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Parmesan Cod
Are you ready to make this Air Fryer Parmesan Cod recipe? Follow the easy steps below and you will enjoy this easy dish.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 360 degrees for 4 minutes.
Step 2: Mix the coating
In a medium bowl. Combine the panko, parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, scallions, Worcestershire, Texas Pete & lemon juice.
Step 3: Season the cod
Using paper towels, gently press the filets to remove as much moisture as possible. Season the filets with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Coat the cod filets
Line the air fryer with perforated parchment paper. Divide the topping among the filets and spread out evenly over the top.
Step 5: Air fry the cod
Place the fish in the air fryer, 2 at a time. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining filets.
Step 6: Garnish the cod
Serve warm topped with chopped parsley, if using, and with lemon wedges on the side.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to personalize this recipe? Here are my favorite tried and true swaps for this recipe.
Spicy: Mix in 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to your breadcrumbs for an extra spicy kick to this recipe.
Gluten-free: Substitute panko breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup almond meal mixed with 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast.
Fish: Use your favorite white fish filets to change up the seafood in this recipe.
Are you wondering what to serve with cod with a parmesan crust? Here are some of my favorite seafood side dishes.
Want to make sure that your parmesan-crusted cod recipe turns out perfectly? Here are my best tips to help you.
- Perforated parchment would need to be used to allow for proper airflow. If you do not have air fryer parchment paper, use a hole punch on regular parchment paper rounds.
- I prepared this in an 8” air fryer. A larger air fryer may be able to accommodate more filets at a time.
- If you don’t have parchment paper be sure to spray your air fryer basket well.
- Cod should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Breaded fish will be slightly crisp on the outside and flaky and moist on the inside.
Do you have questions about this baked cod recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store leftover cod in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It should be good for about 3 days.
Place the leftover filets on a piece of parchment paper and reheat in the air fryer at 400F for 4-5 minutes.
You can use a meat thermometer to verify that your fish is cooked. Filet should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes, you can! Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Indian Fry Bread Tacos
- Air Fryer Monte Cristo
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Cod
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 scallions green parts only, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 thin cod filets around 6 ounces each
- Finely chopped parsley to serve optional
- Preheat the air fryer at 360 degrees for 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl. Combine the panko, parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, scallions, Worcestershire, Texas Pete & lemon juice.
- Using paper towels, gently press the filets to remove as much moisture as possible. Season the filets with salt and pepper.
- Line the air fryer with perforated parchment paper.
- Divide the topping among the filets and spread out evenly over the top. Place the fish in the air fryer, 2 at a time. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining filets.
- Serve warm topped with chopped parsley, if using, and with lemon wedges on the side.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!