Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas are tender pastries filled with a caramel apple filling. These easy and delicious pastries make for the perfect fall dessert.
This easy apple dessert was a huge success for our entire family. When I think of fall, I always think of apple and pumpkin recipes, and this recipe fit right in.
Fall is the time of year that apples are fresh and chock full of vitamins and nutrients. When you leave the skin on the apple, they are full of fiber to help regulate our digestive system.
Why I Love This Recipe
These Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas are simple to make and make the perfect fall dessert.
- Ready in under 60 minutes
- Easy to make
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love caramel apple recipes you may also enjoy this Caramel Apple Cake recipe.
These easy apple empanadas only require four simple ingredients. You might not even need to make a trip to the grocery store.
- store bought pie crusts
- flour for dusting
- caramel apple pie filling
Apple Pie Filling: Don’t like caramel apple pie filling, swap for regular apple pie filling.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
To make this easy apple dessert, all you need are five simple and easy kitchen tools.
How to Make Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas
This simple fall dessert can be ready in just six easy steps.
Step 1: Roll out your crust
On a floured surface, roll out pie crust and using a rolling pin, flatten pie crust to 1/8” thick.
Step 2: Cut out your crust
Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out the circles for the pies.
Step 3: Stuff your crust with apple filling
Depending on the size of the crust put 1-2 apple slices on the crust.
Step 4: Egg Wash your empanadas
In a small bowl, whisk the egg until it is beaten. Using your finger or a brush, coat the edge of the crust with the egg wash. Close the hand pie forming around the apple slice and use a fork to compress the edge of the pie.
Step 5: Vent your empanadas
Puncture vent holes on top and brush the whole pie with the egg wash.
Step 6: Air fry the caramel apple empanadas
Place the pies in the air fryer basket and cook at 330 for 6 minutes, flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Looking for some ways to change up this recipe? Here are some suggestions for adding some extra flavor to your easy dessert recipe.
Apple Pie Spice: Add one teaspoon of apple pie spice to your apple pie filling for extra flavor.
Pie Crust: Use homemade pie crust instead of store bought, if you like homemade pie crust.
Fruit: Replace the apple filling with another fruit like peaches for an entirely different flavor.
Are you looking for some ideas to top your Air Fryer Caramel Empanadas? Here are my favorite ways to change them up.
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- cinnamon sugar
Do you have questions about Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas? Here are the answers for the most commonly asked questions.
Store leftover empanadas in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container. Or on the counter for two days.
To reheat leftover caramel apple empanadas, heat them in the air fryer at 325 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes or until warm.
Yes, you can freeze these empanadas. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe bag or container. Store in your freezer for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Copycat Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Brownies
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Caramel Empanadas
- Air Fryer
- 2 store bought pie crusts
- 1/4 cup flour for dusting
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups caramel apple pie filling
- On a floured surface, roll out pie crust and using a rolling pin, flatten pie crust to 1/8” thick.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out the circles for the pies.
- Depending on the size of crust put 1-2 apple slices on the crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until it is beaten. Using your finger or a brush, coat the edge of the crust with the egg wash. Close the hand pie forming around the apple slice and use a fork to compress the edge of the pie.
- Puncture vent holes on top and brush the whole pie with egg wash.
- Place the pies in the air fryer basket and cook at 330 for 6 minutes, flip and cook for 3 more minutes
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!