These Apple fritters are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, with a delicious apple filling. They’re perfect for a quick snack or a dessert.
If you love sweet apple pastries then this is the recipe for you. I fell in love immediately with these sweet apple pastries and I think you will also.
Table of contents
Starbucks Apple Fritters
Romans are believed to be the creators of fritters. And, the first mention of an apple fritter goes back as far as medieval England.
A fritter is a food that is made by coating something in a light batter and then frying it. Typically, fritters are made with chopped nuts or fruit and they can be served plain or with a glaze.
Why I Love This Recipe
I have been in love with apple pastries ever since I was little and loved the way my mom made them. These Apple fritters are perfect for a quick snack or a dessert.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Looks beautiful on a plate
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love delicious apple recipes, you may also enjoy this Apple and Rhubarb Pie recipe.
Most of these ingredients needed to make this easy recipe can most likely be found in your pantry already. After one bite of these crispy treats, you will be so glad that you made them.
- honey crisp apples
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
Apples: Use any type of apples that you have on hand. I’ve found that Fuji, Pink Lady, or Granny Smith apples work best.
Apple Pie Spice: Apple pie spice is a great substitute for cinnamon in this recipe.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make Apple Fritters
Are you ready to make this tasty apple recipe? Follow the seven steps below and you will be ready to enjoy these easy apple fritters in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix dry ingredients
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder cinnamon, and salt.
Step 2: Add in wet ingredients
Make a well in the mixture and add 1/3 cup of milk, eggs, and applesauce. Mix completely.
Step 3: Fold in apples
Peel and dice the apples and fold them into the batter.
Step 4: Fry the fritters
In a pan or skillet, bring oil to 375°. Once the oil is hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter in the oil. Let it fry on each side for 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let rest on paper towels to help soak up excess oil.
Step 5: Cool the fritters
Place fritters on a baking rack to cool.
Step 6: Mix the glaze
In a mixing bowl whisk the glaze ingredients together.
Step 7: Glaze the fritters
Set rack of fritters on a baking sheet to catch the excess glaze while pouring glaze over the fritters. Glaze the fritters 2-3 times.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some of my favorite ways to switch up this glazed apple fritter recipe.
Corn: Make a corn fritter by reducing the sugar by half in this recipe, and adding in 12 ounces of drained corn. Be sure to leave off the glaze also.
Fruit: Want to get creative? Switch up this recipe and use your favorite fruit. Blueberries work great!
Vegetables: Make this recipe new by replacing the apples with your favorite vegetable like zucchini and leaving off the glaze.
Want to top your apple fritters with something yummy? Here are some of my favorite toppings for this homemade pastry recipe.
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
Want to make sure that your Starbucks Apple Fritters turn out perfectly? Here are my best tips to help you make this easy recipe.
- Be careful not to overmix your batter. Overmixing will cause your fritters to be tough.
- If the oil is too hot, your fritters will cook too quickly on the outside and be raw on the inside. Test the heat of your oil by dropping a small amount of batter into it first. If it sizzles then it’s ready.
- These apple fritters are best served warm but can also be enjoyed at room temperature.
Do you have questions about apple fritters? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keep these apple fritters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Place fritters in a preheated 375° oven for 10-12 minutes or until warmed through.
Place these apple fritters on a sheet pan and freeze until solid then transfer to freezer bags. These will store well for up to 2 months.
More Apple Recipes
If you like apple recipes, give these recipes a try:
Apple Fritters Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
- Mixing Bowl
- pan or skillet
- cooling rack
- small mixing bowl
- 3 honey crisp apples
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the mixture and add 1/3 cup of milk, eggs and applesauce. Mix completely.
- Peal and dice the apples and fold into the batter.
- In a pan or skillet, bring oil to 375°. Once oil is hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter in the oil. Let it fry on each side for 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let rest on paper towels to help soak up excess oil.
- Place fritters on a baking rack to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the glaze ingredients together.
- Set rack of fritters on a baking sheet to catch the excess glaze while pouring glaze over the fritters. Glaze the fritters 2-3 times.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!