Apple Pie Bites satisfy that craving for apple pie without all the hard work! I love easy dessert recipes that look lovely on a platter and that any guest would like.
Fall and back to school get me thinking about apples. They are such a versatile fruit and I even love apples in my non-dessert recipes! Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples is one of our family favorites!
I love everything about fall from making adorable apple cupcakes for my daughter’s class at school to going apple picking and checking something off our fall bucket list! Apples are just amazing on so many levels!
Here is some information about apples you may not be aware of:
- Apple trees are actually native to Asia.
- The apple tree is part of the rose family.
- There are more varieties of apples than any other fruit. Worldwide there are actually 8,000 different types of apples!
- It can take 4-5 years for a newly planted apple tree to produce it’s first apple.
- If you take good care of an apple tree it could live for 100 years.
- Apples contain 25% air and that is what helps them float in the water.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE PIE BITES
Easy recipes typically don’t have a long list of ingredients. This one fits in that category so well with only 5 ingredients!
- Wonton wrappers
- Apple pie filling
- Olive oil
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE BITES
STEP ONE: PREPARE PAN
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a regular-sized muffin pan and grease the insides of each muffin cup.
STEP TWO: PLACE WONTON WRAPPERS
Take one wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Brush the wonton wrapper with a very light coating of olive oil.
In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar and stir to combine.
Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon mix over each wonton wrapper in the muffin pan.
STEP THREE: BAKE
Bake the wonton wrappers in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the wonton wrappers from the oven and add about one tablespoon of the apple pie filling into each cooked wonton wrapper.
Place the muffin pan back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
STEP FOUR: TOP
Remove the apple pie bites from the oven and top with some whipped cream, if desired. Serve warm if possible.
APPLE PIE BITES RECIPE
I have no doubt that you are ready to print this recipe off and make it! You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Apple Pie Bites
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 1 can Apple Pie filling
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Whipped Cream if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the inside of a muffin tin.
- Press one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each hole in the muffin tin.
- Brush each of the wonton wrappers with a light coating of olive oil.
- Place 1 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar to the bowl with the cinnamon, and mix to combine well.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over each wonton wrapper in the muffin tin.
- Bake the wonton wrappers for 10 minutes.
- Place a tbsp or so of the apple pie filling into each pre-cooked wonton wrapper.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the mini apple pie bites from the oven, top with whipped cream and serve.
If you love easy apple recipes be sure to try some of these out:
- Cranberry Apple Smoothie
- Easy Caramel Apple Cake
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples
- Apple Coleslaw Salad Recipe
I would appreciate it if you PINNED this Apple Pie Bites recipe so you can make it again in the future!