This Caramel Apple Cake is ridiculously easy to make but tastes like you spent all day baking! Made with 3 simple ingredients that you dump in a cake pan and bake, dessert doesn’t get any easier.
In my mission to enjoy life to the fullest, I’m always looking for ways to do things that will bring happiness to others without leaving me exhausted or frustrated. A 3-ingredient dessert that leaves guests licking their lips and patting their stomachs with satisfaction? This caramel apple dump cake is a star example of my life goals, just like my Air Fryer Caramel Apple Empanadas.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Caramel Apple Cake
This Caramel Apple Cake is a dump cake. You just dump the ingredients in a baking dish, no stirring required. Even better, you only need 3 ingredients — caramel apple pie filling, golden butter cake mix and butter.
Step 1: Pie Filling
We get to skip most of the hard work in this recipe by replacing fresh apples that we would have to peel, slice, and boil in sauce ingredients with store-bought caramel apple pie filling. If you prefer to make your own pie filling, try this Homemade Caramel Apple Pie Filling recipe from Genius Kitchen.
Simply pour the pie filling into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and spread evenly so that the pie filling covers the bottom of the dish.
Step 2: Cake Mix
Next, we’re going to cover the layer of pie filling with a layer of golden butter cake mix. Again, if you prefer homemade, you can substitute a homemade cake mix like this Homemade Yellow Cake Mix from Simply Scratch.
Step 3: Butter
Finally, we’re going to top the cake mix with pats of butter. I’m slightly OCD so I like to make nice rows and columns, but you can just sprinkle them on. Do try to spread them out over the entire top of the cake though.
Now, we’re going to let the oven do the rest of the work. Pop the baking dish into a 350-degree oven for 40 minutes.
That’s it! Your caramel apple cake is ready to serve!
If you want, top with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Easiest dessert ever, right? Shhh, no one needs to know you didn’t spend hours on it!
Because this Caramel Apple Cake is so easy to make, you’ll want to make it again and again. Bookmark this page or print off the recipe to keep in your recipe box.
Caramel Apple Cake
- 2 20 oz cans caramel apple pie filling
- 1 box golden butter cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter sliced into thin pats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add pie filling to baking dish and spread into an even layer that covers the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle entire box of cake mix over the pie filling.
- Place pats of butter on top of the cake mix, covering as evenly and as much of the cake as possible.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. It should come out clean (though the tip may have some pie filling on it).
- Serve warm. Tastes best warm or at room temperature but leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More Easy Fall Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like some of my other easy Fall recipes.