The October Acts of Kindness Calendar is ready! It’s part of my kindness calendar series, designed to inspire kindness and goodwill all year long.
Each month’s kindness calendar includes ideas based on unique holidays and themes of the month. Are you ready to start spreading some joy? Scroll down to see this month’s suggestions.
October Acts of Kindness Calendar Themes
The themes I pull from for the October Acts of Kindness Calendar are a combination of meaningful awareness dates and fun, unusual holidays.
Feel free to follow the calendar exactly or simply use the suggestions as ideas to stimulate your own random acts of kindness.
October Monthly Observances
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
- Celiac Disease Awareness Month
- Children’s Magazine Month
- Church Library Month
- Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- Eat Better, Eat Together Month
- Emotional Wellness Month
- National Book Month
- National Cookbook Month
- National Go on a Field Trip Month
October Weekly Observances
- Customer Service Week
- Veterinary Technicians Week
- National School Lunch Week
- National Newspaper Week
- National Friends of Libraries Week
- National Food Bank Week
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Week
- National Red Ribbon Week
October Holidays and Special Observance Days
- October 1 – National Homemade Cookies Day
- October 2 – National Custodial Workers Recognition Day
- October 5 – National Do Something Nice Day
- October 8 – Clergy Appreciation Day
- October 11 – National Stop Bullying Day
- October 12 – National Farmer’s Day
- October 14 – National Costume Swap Day
- October 15 – National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- October 18 – Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day
- October 22 – National Mother-in-Law Day
- October 26 – National Day of the Deployed
- October 28 – National Make a Difference Day
- October 31 – Halloween
Printable October Acts of Kindness Calendar
To print your calendar, simply click the image below or click ==>> October Acts of Kindness Calendar
Resources for This Month’s Calendar
Here are a few links and items that will help you complete the acts of kindness in the October Acts of Kindness Calendar:
- Find a Buddy Walk (Down Syndrome awareness)
- Bully Prevention resources
- Ween Dream (donate old costumes)
- How to show support on National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- Red Ribbon Week activities and ideas
- How to support deployed service members and their families
- Ways to Make a Difference
- Chicken Soup for the Soul
More Acts of Kindness Resources
If you liked the October Acts of Kindness calendar, check out all of the monthly kindness calendars based on each month’s holidays and special observances.
You might also like these Acts of Kindness for a Stronger Marriage.
And these random acts of kindness cards for kids are a great way to teach your children to be kind.
What are your favorite ways to spread kindness and joy to others? I’d love to hear your ideas! Please share them in the comments.
Get Your FREE Black Friday/Cyber Monday Planning Kit